What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

crqvingchange
on 5/7/17 6:26 am

Good morning everyone. It is looking like a beautiful morning. Last night was a lot of fun. I got to dance and pre WLS that hardly ever happened. Ended up ordering the Cajun duck wings and 3 of them filled me up nicely.

Today I am doing Zumba in the morning and then yard cleanup. Tonight DH and I are going to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

Rivers of decaf with Premier Protein used as creamer/sweetener

Scrambled eggs with salsa

Turkey with gravy and a salad

Turkey meatball with spicy Marinara

I will try to figure out a snack to take to the movie so I don't eat DH's popcorn. Maybe I'll sneak my SKYR yogurt into the movies, lol.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy the sunshine.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 5/7/17 6:40 am

RNY 8 Years Post Op

Morning

Sounds like a fun day planned CC. We are having company for dinner. I bought exactly 2 desserts for them only as my DH and I are still cutting back.

EATS

B - 2 ham and pickle roll ups

L - 1/2 cup of tuna salad on cucumber coins

D - 4 oz maple salmon

1, exactly 1, baby potato

6 asparagus spears

S - Source yogurt

All water and vits

Have a great one

Meggles07
on 5/7/17 7:08 am - Canada

Good morning :)

First thing this morning I was tidying up the kitchen, gathered the garbage to go out, and decided to green bin some cookies I bought that I can't get control over. I even ate one on the way to the bin. Sheesh. There are no other "treats" in the house, so now it's portion and carb management.

Today is a lazy day and we'll try to get house stuff caught up. Probably laundry and cleaning. Snooze. I will definitely try to take the dogs for a walk with the beautiful weather.

Breakfast - cookies *sigh*

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - pepperette, pickles

Snack - Greek yogurt

Dinner - beef and cheese

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

oneatatime
on 5/7/17 8:04 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Good for you for green binning the cookies!! I'm just at the start of the WLS journey, but at 45 yrs old, well into my lifelong journey of weight loss (well, attempts!). Posts like yours remind me it's a head issue more than anything, even with the WLS tool.

Congrats! A victory indeeed!

crqvingchange
on 5/7/17 6:24 pm

Way to go Meg. That is hard to throw away food, and treats take special fortitude. You've got this.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 5/7/17 1:03 pm

Hi everyone!

CC, I was dancing last night too, for the first time in ages. Fun, isn't it?

It's sunny but cold and super windy here.

The wedding yesterday was lovely, an outdoor ceremony at the gold course. It was super cold but over quickly, and the bridal party was full of young, beautiful, shivering people, lol.

I managed to eat healthy and avoid temptation, and boy, was there a lot of temptation...so many courses of food, starting with hors d'ourves. I took a small cube of cheese, two small pickle slices, a tiny slice of cantaloupe.

Then dinner was Italian wedding soup. I had one ladle and ate maybe two spoons of that serving, avoiding the pasta in the soup. Then salad, which I skipped because I wanted to save room for the protein. Then linguini and meatballs. I had a meatball, about 1 ounce of meat. It was yummy. Then chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans with almonds and more salad came next. I had about 1 ounce of chicken, 1 tbsp of mashed potatoes (my first time trying them), and some green beans. Strawberry shortcake was dessert, and I asked if I could just have the strawberries without the cake, so they brought me a huge bowl of strawberries, but unfortunately they were liberally sprinkled with sugar, so I gave them to my Dad, who loved them, lol. Then later the pastry and candy tables were set up, and OMG, talk about temptation. There was every kind of Italian baked good you can imagine; cannoli, genetti, tie plates, a zillion different squares, pies, cakes, cookies...and everyone was stuffing themselves. Thankfully I was full myself and had no room for the sweets. There were huge glass bowls full of every kind of candy, plus scoops and plastic glasses to fill them, so the kids were all wired for sound. There was an open bar but I didn't have anything. Just when I thought there could be no more food they came around with huge trays brimming with fresh donuts of every kind, from the local bakery. People were dancing while holding two donuts, lol. I really love those donuts so that was my biggest temptation. Then at midnight, they came out with every flavor of pizza known to man. I'd been dancing for a few hours by that point and was hungry again so I ate the topping from one slice and didn't feel deprived.

My totals for yesterday were: 592 calories (a bit high for me), 25 carbs, 69 protein. So pretty good, considering.

So I made it through the wedding without going off the rails. Then I slept until noon today, lol. I'm an introvert and loud noisy crowds totally drain me and I need alone time to recharge, so I stayed in my room all day. Now I have to get ready to go to my Aunt's 75th birthday party. She is going to have a huge food spread too, so more temptations, but my Mom told me she bought shrimp and fruit especially for me, so I can have something healthy to eat. I hope it's strawberries :-).

I would have gone for a drive to the beach so I could walk by the water to recharge, but the winds are totally crazy today, and it's sooo cold!

So far today I've had tea with premier protein as whitener, 1 slice of WW whole grain bread with 1 tbsp of organic peanut butter, and some water. So I'm at 155 calories, 15 carbs, 9 protein so far. I'll eat some shrimp at the party, and maybe some fruit if it's berries. Cheese if they have it. If I need to make up protein when I get home later, I'll just have some premier protein.

I"ll be glad to get back into a normal routine tomorrow!

Hope you're all having a nice weekend. Hugs.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 5/7/17 6:29 pm

As good as the strawberries were, i will bet that the highlight of the day was you dancing and getting compliments. You did great Kathy. All of your choices sounded perfect. So glad that you had a great time.

Kathy1212
on 5/7/17 6:43 pm

Thank you! I didn't get many compliments; only 1 cousin mentioned my weight loss and said I look great and she was so happy for me. I didn't get to eat the strawberries because they put sugar on them, but my Dad loved them, lol.

Dancing was a lot of fun!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics