What are you eating/doing Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 5/4/17 10:29 am

I wish I could like this post 1000 times. So well said.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Simplyb
on 5/5/17 11:22 am
RNY on 04/12/17

I have my post-op nutrition class next week, I am practising a neutral face and will sit in an inconspicuous place.

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

Cinderz
on 5/4/17 10:18 am

Thanks again to everyone who posted words of encouragement and love, the support is much needed!

Despite the rain and the lack of sleep I've just returned from my walk, 4K done and out of the way. I'll post post 10k walk pics once I'm done on Sunday!

b - egg bite, new favorite food

s - skyr yogurt

l - chicken salad

s - cheese and cucumbers

d - IP chicken breast with veggies

s - premier protein

Time to start digging out the camping gear to god it ready for camping in a couple of weeks!

Have a great day everyone

crqvingchange
on 5/4/17 10:31 am

Sounds like you are doing well Cinderz. i have to admit I love the egg bites. I put the muffin tin in a roasting pan half filled with water to make a sous vide style egg bite. It's what they are selling in the Starbucks in the states.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Cinderz
on 5/4/17 10:38 am

This is how I've been doing them as well, I most likely got the recipe from you!

And the fact you can put anything in them makes it nice became every week I switch the stuff I put into it and it doesn't get boring.

Linda M.
on 5/4/17 11:06 am - Orillia, Canada

Hey Cinderz and C.C.,

I got this from Eggface and they have different variations. Is this what you meant? In the soft food stage, how many would you eat per serving (meal)?

Shelly's Ham & Cheese Breakfast Bites

1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
3 Green Onions, diced
6 Mushrooms, chopped
1 teaspoon Butter
1/4 lb. (about 4 slices) Ham, diced (I use Boars Head Cold Cut Ham)
1/4 teaspoon dried Basil
1/4 teaspoon dried Oregano
a few twists of Black Pepper
5 Eggs
1/3 cup Tomato, diced (I used S&W canned, drained)
1 cup Shredded Cheese, Italian Blend

Preheat oven to 350 F. Saute onions in butter till golden. Add mushrooms and saute 1 minute more. Add chopped ham and saute another minute more. Set aside to cool.

Cal 37; Total Fat 1.8; Total Carb 1.0; Fiber 0.1; sugar 0.2; Protein 4.
This info is for 1 Breakfast Bite.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Cinderz
on 5/4/17 12:21 pm, edited 5/4/17 5:38 am

Hello Linda,

Yes, this is similar to what I make, and the best part is you can put whatever you fancy in it, I make mine different each week to switch it up, and my recipe is as follows

6 whole eggs

2 cups of egg white

salt and pepper to taste

1/2 cup finely chopped yellow and orange peppers

6-8 finely chopped mushrooms

1/4 cup finely chopped onions

3/4 cup finely chopped fresh spinach

120 g shredded low fat cheddar cheese

Lightly spray insides of muffin tin

I sauté the peppers, onions and mushrooms in cooking spray

I evenly scoop the sautéed mix into each cup, distribute the spinach and add 10g of cheese into each cup and then pour egg mixture on top

I then place on a deep cookie sheet and fill cookie sheet with water, Bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes and you have a good, protein packed easy breakfast or snack. The are yummy cold or warmed up.

I've also added diced sautéed turkey bacon as well for extra protein and you could do it with any vegetable as well.

I don't have the exact stats on me for this version, but I previously made them with a dozen whole eggs and realized I could reduce the calories, carbs and fat by adding fewer eggs and more egg whites

I started out making 12 every Sunday and this would last me through the week, so,stones having one for breakfast and one for snack on a day I needed a little something to reach my protein goals, my daughter now loves these as well and so I make 2 dozen and she'll take a couple in her lunch because they don't need to be warmed up at school.

crqvingchange
on 5/4/17 1:00 pm

Yup that's what we meant. Eggface has a ton of egg bite recipes. When I was newly post-op (a few months) I would make them in mini muffin tins and eat 1. Now that I am almost 3 years out, I can eat 1 made in a regular-sized muffin tin. Great way to use up things in your fridge. Only 1 slice of ham, or 1 green onion, or 2 mushrooms - voila egg bites. I have made them with real eggs and also with Eggbeaters (Burnbrae is the brand I buy) Cheese and Chive flavour.

Linda M.
on 5/4/17 10:34 am - Orillia, Canada

Please explain "egg bite". I get so excited when I hear "new favourite food" - lol

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Simplyb
on 5/4/17 4:09 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

Went back to my part time job today, not ready for my full time job yet, by any means!

I got clearance to return to my light duty nursing in an out patient clinic with the understanding I would not be able to lift greater than 10lbs, or provide CPR, or potentially work with uncooperative patients. Was on my feet for 7 hours, 10,000 easy steps! I worked 8 hours with a one hour break for lunch. I felt good, managed to sip my water and eat my lunch.

First Daily Eating Post (3 weeks post-op so please feel free to offer input)

B - Jello 1/2 cup, Chamomille Tea 1 cup (not a breakfast person, at all and working on it).

L - 1/4 cup Ricotta with 1/2 cup Refried Beans (yes, I got a lot of attitude about my lunch - and offered muffins, chocolate etc - I nearly bit my tongue in half trying not to slap the stupid ones).

D - Premier Protein Shake (no energy to prepare anything else - so good choice for time of day and energy level)

S - Hummus (57g), 1 Dill Pickle, 3 cm cube of 4% MF Cheese (almost felt like food, the crunch was good despite the pencil eraser size).

Protein 59, Calories 578, Carb 35

All vitamins (except Iron, still not agreeing with me and Dr agreed that during healing I would probably not absorb it well).

Still working on the water, relaxing in front of TV and enjoying the quiet.

I hope everyone had a good day!

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics