What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

crqvingchange
on 5/3/17 3:33 am

Good morning as Ginny calls us Pouch Pals. Lots on the go today, and no time for a nap, lol. This morning I'm going swimming, then yoga, then taking the car for another quote, then errands and late Zumba.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

Rivers of decaf with Premier Protein Vanilla used as creamer/sweetener

Salad with chicken and cheese on top

1/2 of a protein bar left over from last week, lol.

Jalapeno/Cheddar hamburger with more melted cheese, avocado and fresh salsa

Hardboiled egg.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 5/3/17 4:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning menu posters!! Well yesterday turned out to be quite an interesting day....Early morning I noticed a pain in my "torso" whereby it hurt to stand up straight or really stretch myself tall....just a dull nagging ache that hung on for the day. I was in a meeting all morning so when I got to my office I placed a call to Windsor and spoke to the nurse *****commended a trip to emerg "to be safe". She said they can do CT scans or ultrasounds on-site where it may take my doctor some time to arrange those. So I called my family doctor too for an appointment which I was able to get for today because I wasn't sure if I wanted to sit in the ER. Well after the coaxing of my peeps I decided to go after work....5 hours later, maybe I have acid reflux....well I don't know about that because that's not really where or what the pain felt like. Oh also I should visit my doctor for an H Pylori test.... I had that test early on in the process (as does everybody) and was negative but he said you can pick it up at anytime. So I am going to follow up with my family doctor this morning, I think she will be more interested in finding out what the issue might be. I seem to be feeling better this morning, so far, so we shall see. Maybe just a blip on the road (first one I've ever had).

Anyhow....down 2.5 lbs this morning because I just didn't feel like testing things with food yesterday.

Today, I'll start slow and see how it goes. I did take one of my PPIs this morning too.

B - premier protein

S - 2-1/2 slices of bacon

L - taco salad (yesterday's lunch)

S - tomato/cuke/feta salad (yesterday's snack)

D - hamburger patty, mustard, pickles

Totals - Cal 975, Carbs 25, protein 107

I will see how I feel later in the day. Out for a walk or a run at lunch and then I'm supposed to have a session with my trainer after work. I may postpone that, see what the dr has to say. I can't curl up and stop living because of one inconvenient day.

Enjoy the only somewhat sunny day I think we're getting this week!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Linda M.
on 5/3/17 6:00 am - Orillia, Canada

Feel better.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

crqvingchange
on 5/3/17 7:05 pm

Well that was pretty scary. Hope that it just turns out to be a pulled muscle.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Linda M.
on 5/3/17 6:07 am - Orillia, Canada

Going to TWH for my first follow-up. One beautiful day out of the entire week, so I'll take it. Packed my food for the trip, something that I have not gotten into the habit of doing other than when I'm at work. Packed a Premier Protein Bar, but at 290 calories for 30 gr. of protein compared to 160 for the shake, I'm splitting it into lunch and two snacks. Normally, I wouldn't have one so I will see. Any advice regarding these is appreciated, but I think I'll just stick to the one shake a day.

B - Protein shake

S - 1/4 Premier Protein bar

L - 1/2 Premier Protein Bar

S - 1/4 Premier Protein Bar

D - 1/2 grilled turkey patty, 1 slice of fresh tomato, 1 tsp. low fat mayo.

Calories: 574, Protein: 78 gr., Carbs.: 36. All water and vitamins

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

crqvingchange
on 5/3/17 7:08 pm

Don't see any problems with the protein bar when it's the occasional convenience because you're away from home and have lots on the go. If you find that they trigger cravings for more carbs ditch them right away.

birdiegirl
on 5/3/17 6:28 am

RNY 8 years 1 month post op

Morning

Going to enjoy our 1 day of sunshine this week and walk the golf course. Eating has been on plan for 9 days now and I feel like I'm back in the saddle again.

EATS

B/L combo - 2 eggs with 2 slices of peameal bacon

S on golf course - Honeycrisp apple

D - 2 cups baby butter lettuce

Handful of heirloom tomatoes

2 TB of shredded parmesan

2 TB of Bolthouse Farms Caesar dressing

3 oz of grilled chicken on top

S - source yogurt X 2 with squirt of light whip topping X2

Sargento marble cheese snack with 4 low sodium triscuits

Half Protein Bar ( pure protein )

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are : Calories - 1004, Carbs - 69 Grams, Protein - 99 Grams

All water and vits. ( at least 2 litres )

Have a great one

Meggles07
on 5/3/17 7:52 am - Canada

Good morning :)

A little late as we are conducting phone interviews for a new employee today. I had to get online so we could sort out the technology before starting. Amazing what can be done these days for online meetings and conference calls. Later I'm planning to go for a walk since it looks to be a nice day.

Breakfast - Greek yogurt

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - chili, cheese

Snack - pepperette, pickles

Dinner - soup, chicken

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Cinderz
on 5/3/17 8:28 am

Good morning everyone.

First day back on track....yesterday I did meal prep so don't have to think about anything today...

b - egg bite with spinach, peppers and mushrooms

s - skyr yogurt

l - tuna salad

s - cheese and deli turkey roll up

d - baked chicken with steamed veggies

I'm heading out to walk soon to get back on track with that, I have my first 10k on Sumday

Thank you to everyone for your support and kind words!!!

crqvingchange
on 5/3/17 7:12 pm

Welcome back Cinderz. That is one yummy looking menu, especially the egg bites. That sounds like an amazing goal for Sunday. I would love to see how big the smile is on your face when you hit the 10k mark.

Most Active
Recent Topics