What are you eating/doing Tuesday?

Ginnny
on 5/2/17 4:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op 12+ months

Good morning gang! Well I have a little later start this morning with a 9:00 meeting in the neighboring City. A run outside at lunch, weather permitting, and then to the gym after work with a massage later tonight. Awwwww....I didn't get out yesterday because it just would not stop raining, and then of course it turned into a beautiful afternoon/evening, when I had to drag my butt to the gym.

Eats today:

B - leftover chicken/veg w. cheese & sour cream

S - 2 strips of bacon

L - taco salad

S - tomato/cuke/feta salad with greek dressing

D - shepperds pie

Totals - cal 911, carbs 38, protein 91

Have a great day!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

birdiegirl
on 5/2/17 5:06 am

RNY 8 years 1 month post op

Morning

7 pounds down in one week of low carb/calorie! Likely 5 of the pounds will be water weight. I can gain it just as fast but at least I feel better and my clothes fit better. A couple more pounds and I'll be down a size.

POUCH STILL WORKS if you fill it with dense protein

EATS

B - 2 slices of peameal bacon

L - Half cup of tuna salad on cucumber coins

D - Beef tenderloin 5 oz

Few carrots

S - source yogurt X 2 with a squirt of light whip topping X 2

1 sargento marble cheese snack with 4 low sodium triscuits

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are : Calories - 819, Carbs - 47 Grams, Protein - 85 Grams

All water and vits. Plus decaf coffee

Have a great one

Monica9811
on 5/2/17 5:56 am - Peterborough, Canada

That's awesome Barb. I'm up a couple lbs from vacation but I'm back to eating on plan. Doesn't take long to get it off if you follow the rules. Good luck with the next couple of pounds.

crqvingchange
on 5/2/17 6:13 am

Good morning everyone. I have spent the last hour on the phone, lol. Time to get my butt in gear. Ginny you are doing great. I always have to talk myself in to working out, but feel so much better after.

Birdie dropping 7 in one week would make you feel more comfortable and make the clothes fit better. I hate feeling bloated.

This morning I'm going swimming and then a yoga class tonight. This afternoon I have to take the car in for a quote on repairs, then run some errands.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

rivers of decaf with Premier Protein Vanilla used as creamer/sweetener

Salad with tuna fillets on top and Bolthouse Avocado/Cilantro dressing

Jalapeno/Cheddar burger with more cheese melted on top, avocado, fresh salsa, no bun

Hardboiled egg before bed (I really need to pick up SKYR today)

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica9811
on 5/2/17 5:24 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Hey CC. Do you make those burgers or buy them?

crqvingchange
on 5/2/17 8:14 pm

I bought them at Market Fresh in Guelph. Really good. I like their blue cheese and bacon burgers too. More bacon flavour than blue cheese which is fine by me.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Linda M.
on 5/2/17 6:15 am - Orillia, Canada

Good morning everyone,

Thanks Monica for your suggestion. Although we aren't supposed to have red meat for 6 months, since the ground beef was already cooked, I added just two teaspoons to the meatless chili and it went down just fine.

B - protein shake

S - Skyr yogurt and applesauce

L - my chili with 2 tsp. of ground beef, 1 tsp. parmesan and some hot sauce

S - Skyr yogurt and applesauce

D - 1/2 grilled turkey burger with a slice of tomato and 1 tsp. low fat mayo.

Calories: 525, Protein: 75, Carbs.: 50. All water and vitamins.

Enjoy your day.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Kathy1212
on 5/2/17 8:09 am

Hi Linda,

Why can't you have red meat? I wasn't given that restriction at all and have been eating steak at least twice a week.

I wonder why all of the centers are so very different?

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 5/2/17 9:19 am

Guelph told me no red meat for 6 months because it is hard to digest. Every centre is different in their guidelines.

Meggles07
on 5/2/17 7:09 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Late start for me again. Today I have a massage. We have been working on different areas that have been sore/off since my hip issue. My aunt (also an RMT) calls it patterning. You compensate for your injury, but then your leg hurts, or your knee, or your shoulder, etc.

Yesterday I ended up going to Value Village and picking up a few things. When I got home I made soup with random things we already have and it turned out really well. But our friend brought take out over to celebrate some exciting news in her life. I ended up getting the shakes after, so I think there was too much sugar in something. Back on track today.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - chili, cheese

Snack - peameal bacon

Dinner - soup, chicken

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Most Active
Recent Topics