2nd Week of OPTI - lack of energy

rdale66
on 4/19/17 8:43 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 04/25/17

I'm on my second week of OPTI and am feeling drained with a lack of energy. Four shakes a day and over 2L of water. I've had the odd bowl of SF jello for snacks. Lost 14.5 lbs. Get winded extremely easy, especially going up stairs. Does this pass? Has anyone else had this issue? Worried that after the surgery this feeling will only get worse.

Height: 5'10" ...... HW: 280 OptiW: 261 SW: 246 CW: 168 GW: 180
(High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Severe Sleep Apnea, Liver Issues)
Start OptiFast: April 11, 2017 Surgery Date: April 25, 2017 RNY at TWH
(High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol and Liver issues have been resolved - No More Meds!)
Time to think positive and power on through the stages and start living a healthier life.

Kathy1212
on 4/19/17 9:26 am

I felt drained on Opti too; I think a lot of people do. It's a big change, going from eating regularly to opti. You're doing great, so don't give up.

Are you allowed any veggies or broth on your plan? I was allowed green veggies and I roasted them in the oven so I'd have something hot to eat,and it really helped. I did green peppers, celery, and broccoli and didn't have to add anything to the pan because the green peppers make their own oil.

I was extremely tired in my first 2 weeks after surgery but had more energy after that. If I'm not careful and go too long between meals now, I'll feel drained, but as long as I eat my protein and drink my water, I feel fine (unless I overdo it on exercise).

I can easily walk for an hour now and don't need my asthma puffers at all. I can ride my bike 5-10 km. I've learned it's important to eat breakfast and lunch before I bike ride, but I'm fine to walk after only 1 meal. I plan to start swimming this week too. I'm 11 weeks out, down 70.8 Lbs since starting Opti, and feeling great!

Don't give up; soon Opti will be a distant memory. It passes so quickly.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

rdale66
on 4/19/17 12:20 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 04/25/17

I am allowed broth but I'm trying not to have any as I am sure I will get my fill of that after surgery. I'll just keep on trudging along and keep my eyes on the prize.

Height: 5'10" ...... HW: 280 OptiW: 261 SW: 246 CW: 168 GW: 180
(High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Severe Sleep Apnea, Liver Issues)
Start OptiFast: April 11, 2017 Surgery Date: April 25, 2017 RNY at TWH
(High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol and Liver issues have been resolved - No More Meds!)
Time to think positive and power on through the stages and start living a healthier life.

Most Active
Recent Topics