Got a Cancellation Sleep study appt

ronshoneygirl23
on 4/18/17 8:38 am

Yippee! ! Just called Queensway and got an appointment for my Sleep Study for tomorrow night. Just need my Neuclear breathe test and if it is clear approval is just around the corner. Hope this means surgery is soon. Going through Guelph and things seem to be moving along fairly quickly. This feels so right.

One thing I have learned on this journey. Calling for cancellations does pay off. So excited to be a step closer for this new tool.

Christy

CarlRay
on 4/18/17 9:12 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Congratulations! I went through Windsor and had the surgery in Guelph. It seemed very quick for me too. July of last year I had orientation, did all the tests and such they required and attended all of the classes. It was inspirational and educational. I decided that if for whatever reason I was denied the surgery, I'd be adapting this new information to my life regardless. I flew through the clinic appointments and the surgical appointment, not one issue. I had surgery February 27 and I have since dropped quite a bit.

My sleep study didn't really have a whole lot of sleep involved because my brain was very aware of the cables and cords attached to me the whole night. Every time I moved I partially woke up because I didn't want to disturb the machine so I only had about 3 hours of measurable sleep. No apnea in that time (and I don't have any of the classic symptoms).

Having this done has been the most difficult thing I've ever done, but how I look and feel even a few weeks later, has made it worthwhile. Keep on truckin'. You're doing great and you'll nail this.

Remember, no matter where you go.......there you are.

ronshoneygirl23
on 4/18/17 9:15 am

Thanks for the inspiration. I am really ready for this life change. They may move me along quicker due to my age as well. I am 59.

Christy

leeann73
on 4/18/17 10:00 am

good for you to be proactive. I went through Windsor and had my surgery in Guelph too. Guelph was amazing. I am only 8 weeks post op but I have not regretted it for not even one minute - it is a great tool!

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics