Nervous ?? ? ? ?

abai96
on 4/11/17 9:15 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 02/01/19

So! I have a friend that's currently in the process of going through her appointments in toronto for the bariatric surgery, and I'm pretty sure she's getting the RNY (whenever that comes about).

I've finally decided and realized (or rather, let myself realize) that I really do want and need this surgery to help me with my weight.

I've always been an overweight child, like to the point of being at a dietician at the age of like? 6? 7? I was so young I can't even remember when it was. I just want to be done with this portion of my life and move on to bigger (well, smaller lmao) and better things.

I'm pretty positive I'm over 300lbs, the last time I checked I was at 280 something and god knows how long ago i've weighed myself. I'm 5'9, which most definitely will help me qualify for the surgery here in Ontario.

I could go on and on and on about why I want the surgery, but I'm sure many if not all of the reasons are why you guys want it too.

I just need help and encouragement getting from point A to point B. It would be wonderful to make friends on here and just have someone I could lean on as well. I have full support of my mom (and grandparents!!) but I haven't really mentioned it to anyone else other than them so far.

Wish me luck! I'm calling the Nurse-Practitioner Led Clinic I go to this afternoon to make an appointment with this lovely lady I've been seeing off and on over the last few years, I really hope she can refer and help me with my journey of weight loss in the future.

:)

LauraLeafFan
on 4/11/17 10:22 am

It's always a tough decision to make...but I am almost 2 months post op 50lbs lighter then my heaviest in October...and only regret I have is why didn't I do it sooner. My hubby is 6 months post op and 150lbs lighter then his heaviest. His only regret even though he has some chronic pain no on can explain..is also he wishes he did it sooner.

We all decide for different reason but I love my new tool and loving this journey

Good luck in yours and we are all here willing to share experiences and answer questions!

All the best,

Laura

leeann73
on 4/11/17 7:06 pm

Laura. Were you at dr bojani's last Friday morning. I feel like we might have met and didn't realize it. The

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

LauraLeafFan
on 4/11/17 8:11 pm

Yea I was there...did I bud into your conversation

fromfattohealthy
on 4/11/17 10:32 am - Canada

Good luck to you :)

I am close to having surgery, technically a revision from one WLS to another. My only advice to you is to do the work. Put in the effort, make sure you are doing this for the right reasons, make sure your head and heart are in the right place. :)

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

abai96
on 4/11/17 10:36 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 02/01/19

Update......... Just called the nurse-practitioner and she said since I'm not a student at the college anymore (I withdrew last month), i'm not a patient there either. I'm feeling like my last resort is possibly a walk in clinic even though I don't particularly want to do that because I can't continuously see them :( Heart is shattered right now.

TheRealMeWithin
on 4/11/17 11:26 am - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

do you have a family doctor? Most of us get our referrals there. And one of the questions I was asked in the social worker appointments was "do you have a good relationship with your Dr?". The reason they asked was that they want to ensure that we have a good support system and they want us to use them as our first source if we require follow up later.

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

abai96
on 4/11/17 11:31 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 02/01/19

I have a family doctor but she's in a city way up north and it would be too difficult to see her (she books appointments 6 months in advance because she's that hard to get into).. I'm actually in the process of applying to a family doctor here in Barrie since it's where i've been for the last 3 years. I don't plan on moving anytime soon, so hopefully I get accepted to one of these doctors! I did think it was kind of strange that people can get referrals through a walk in clinic because you wouldn't have anyone to 'rely' on per se throughout your journey. I'm still bummed out about the nurse practitioners though :(

Smoka
on 4/11/17 4:16 pm
RNY on 09/12/17

Here are a couple of suggestions. Maybe make a post to anyone living in Barrie and ask if any of their doctor's are taking new patients. If you can't get a doctor, then possibly you could have the doctor at a walk in clinic give you a referral to Wharton Weightloss Clinic in TO http://whartonmedicalclinic.com/clinic-locations-toronto.htm l. It's a bit of distance for you to go on a regular basis, but might be worth it. Once at Wharton, they will refer you for surgery. Actually, you could even call them at Wharton in Toronto and ask what they would suggest for someone in your situation. They may have contacts in Barrie. Don't give up. There is a way!

Mama-E
on 4/11/17 7:57 pm

you need to get yourself a GP - some do work out of walk in's and you just need to go in when they are scheduled.

did you have any luck with any of the other suggestions?

Ref:07/2016 Orientation: 09/26/16 Psych appt:Oct 6 2016 Nurse: Nov 14/16 SW: Jan 16/17 Nutrition: Jan 26/ 17 Surgeon: March 31/17 Surgery: Aug 15/2017.

HW (so far) 252lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics