Opti day 1

Simplyb
on 4/10/17 11:57 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

Days off are always the hardest, it is hard not to give into the head hunger and the first four days are the worst.

Last day of Opti for me today and I actually might miss it, it was so easy at the end to mix and go.

the headaches at the beginning were brutal and the taste is acquired but I really believe that after the first few days with experimentation to find your palettes preference - mine a healthy scoop of benefibre, one pouch vanilla, top ml of crushed ice, 500 ml of water, 3 tbsp of DaVinci sugar free syrup- my personal favourite - French vanilla and hazelnut - I still salivate over my kids meals as I cook - but not hungry enough to eat it or stupid enough to cheat again.

it is best to think about what works for you to keep you away from food - I can tell you that I have organized cupboards, junk drawers, tackled taxes and laundry room, just to have some sense of control.

good luck, almost there!

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

rdale66
on 4/11/17 5:04 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 04/25/17

Stick with it you can do it. Focus, power on through with your eyes on the prize. A healthier you.

Today was my first day on Opti. I have had hunger feelings but have kept sipping on water between shakes. Went for a 30 walk this morning to take my mind off food. Watching TV helps too as long as I mute the food commercials.

One more shake to go today and then I will one more piece of ammo for tomorrow. Knowing that I have successfully survived a day already, so I know I can do it again. One day at a time.

Randy

Boonyeah
on 4/14/17 5:58 am

What kind of Opti do you have to drink?
I had my orientation on Nov 28th and not yet met with the surgeon. I am curious if there is a specific kind of Opti drink you have to purchase? Powered or ready mixed? etc.

I too am nervous about the opti drink diet prior to surgery.

Jaype83
on 4/17/17 8:50 pm

Im not going to lie...

Just like everyone told me...the first 3 days are terrible... But day 4 and on we get use to it.

The one TWH have us drink is Optifast 900 powder chocolate and vanilla... When mixed with something like cinnamon or coffee or coconut extract its not bad at all.

To be nervous is normal.. I was too ... Then after I started reading all the responses and support from everyone on tgis site .. I started to get much much better.

I figured that this time on optifast its getting the body and mind use to the next few weeks after surgery.. Liquid diet and so on..

Im on day 7 of opti but only down 8 lbs... Im not sure if thats good or bad though...

Surgery in 7 days....

Good luck on your journey...

J

Referral March 2016 - Orientation June 6/16  - Nurse July 11/16 -  Social Worker Sept 12/16

Nut class Sept 19/16 - Dietitian Oct 7/16Phyc Nov 9/16 - Surgeon Feb 3/17Surgery April 24/17  

Boonyeah
on 4/18/17 8:37 am

Thank you so much.

Good luck on your surgery and recovery and to the new you!!

Regards

Simplyb
on 4/15/17 4:41 am
RNY on 04/12/17

I found the time I was alone was a good time to organize my cupboards, papers, write a will, read books, sip tea and just keep busy to avoid the fridge at all costs.

i never made 4 shakes a day, still have 3 boxes of Opti left, I also did not see phenomenal results in weight loss on Opti either and think that is because I did not have the right nutrition as I used pop and tea and zero water to make up my fluids.

I have seen a lot of the successful WLS veterans call this hunger, head hunger, and it is important to recognize the triggers. Somebody suggested the following book and it really is quite good to talk about triggers.

The Emotional First Aid Kit: a Practical Guide to lifè after bariatric surgery.

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics