Anxious

fromfattohealthy
on 4/10/17 6:04 am - Canada

Happy Monday Everyone.

As my surgeon appointment approaches I can feel the anxiety creeping up on me (Appointment is Wednesday)

What can I expect from this appointment?

I am SO upset - the dietitian was adamant that I introduce more carbs to my diet (despite my hesitations, I know my body and I know I am sensitive to carbs) - I did this and I gained weight (a few pounds) PLUS I am up in weight due to the time of the month approaching ( I ALWAYS go up 5-7lbs) To say I am stressed is an under statement. I feel like this could set me back, something I really do not want to see happen. They told me I could expect my surgery within the next few weeks... :( I don't want them to think that I am just giving them a bunch of excuses. I literally have maintained my weight this entire process.

What should I expect at my meet the surgeon appointment? (Dr. Cyriac)

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

Linda M.
on 4/10/17 7:04 am - Orillia, Canada

When I went to my appointment, I was weighed, discussed some things with the nurse practitioner at the clinic, and met Dr. Bhojani who asked me some questions and explained the procedure and the risks. As I tend to talk to much (surprise, surprise), I decided I would only answer his questions and ask any that I needed to. Because of the education that we receive, I really had no questions. After about a 10 minute conversation, he said that he saw no reason that I couldn't have the surgery and asked, "What about March 22nd?". I thanked him, shook his hand, and smiled all of the way home.

If they ask you what changes you have made, be honest. Tell him (or her) that you were cutting back on carbs but that the dietician asked for you to increase your grams - which you did. There is no reason to feel defensive and it really is just a chance to meet your doctor and exchange important information. Stress just adds to the pounds, so write down everything you have done so far, bring it with you and know that you are committed to change. Doubts are expected; they just aren't that productive.

Best of luck. You will do well.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

fromfattohealthy
on 4/10/17 7:39 am - Canada

Thank you! I actually feel better reading this :)

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

Simplyb
on 4/10/17 10:18 am
RNY on 04/12/17

Dr Cyriac is an approachable nice doctor, relax.

you need to be able to explain the procedure, the size of your pouch, the size of the opening to your intestine, the stages of food post-op, the understanding that it is a tool to help with weight loss, prior successes and failures with weight loss and why, that you have support for this from family and friends and are ready...

Breathe, you got this.

hugs

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics