Breakfast not sitting right!

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 3/28/17 7:17 am

So for the first time this morning after 6 weeks post op after eating my breakfast over a half hour ago I feel so sick to my stomach! I don't know if I should go and make myself throw up or what? Will this feeling go away? I had 1 scrambled egg, 1 turkey sausage and a half a slice of toast that I didnt finish. The only thing new was the egg for the first time. I feel horrible! Hopefully this passes soon? It feels like something is stuck in my throat almost! HELP!!

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

Meet Dr.Bohjani Jan.18,2017- 286lbs

Started optifast Jan.26,2017

Surgery date Feb,13,2017- 268lbs

chula82
on 3/28/17 7:22 am
RNY on 12/21/16

Hi there! I'm currently just over 3 months post op. I found at first I had no problems with breakfast, I was eating eggs every morning until I hit week 4 or 5 post op. Since then I have not been able to eat eggs, especially in the morning. Now I usually have a protein shake or sometimes a slice of toast with PB. Recently I have been able to add eggs but not too often and definitely not in the mornings. I miss having eggs for breakfast since they are a great Protein option but I just cant. I will try again in a month or so, maybe it will pass.

Cheryl Denomy
on 3/28/17 11:13 am - Oshawa, Canada

Eggs are a nightmare. The only time I have truly wished for death since my surgery in April of 2000 was the time, about the same distance out from my surgery as you are, I ate a microwaved scrambled egg. It was so dry it's a wonder there weren't camels tromping across it.

It stayed stuck for about five hours -- wouldn't go down, wouldn't come back up. I couldn't sit, stand or lie down without being in agony. Eventually it came back up -- oh, happy day!!! -- and I've been very careful about eggs in any and all forms even now, almost 17 years later.

If you decide to try this again, make sure your egg is moist. That was probably my problem -- the one thing I cannot stand is wet eggs -- soft boiled, fried and runny, poached and runny make me want to hurl, even sitting here typing about it. So really the egg I made was to my taste -- and to my everlasting regret.

My advice, for what it's worth? Give it another week or two, and try again.

Hope you're feeling better!

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 3/28/17 11:25 am

I scrambled the egg with milk in it, it was nice and fluffy! But man did it ever make me feel bad. I'm scared to do it again but I know eggs have great protein so I definitely have to try again! I will wait a bit longer and try again! Thanks for the info!

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

LeslieCL
on 3/28/17 2:57 pm

What kind of eggs? I find eggs with added omega 3 always upset my system.

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 3/28/17 5:01 pm

Just normal eggs! Nothing special!

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

birdiegirl
on 3/29/17 6:34 am

Might be the eggs, however I think the problem is you ate way too much. At 6 weeks, 1 egg was likely enough, or 1 sausage and no toast.

Toast really has no place in a small pouch. Try and always fill this small pouch with healthy protein.

At 8 years out, I could eat what you posted but I would be stuffed.

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 3/29/17 9:09 am

Thanks so much for the response! If u noticed I said I never finished all of the food I wrote! I had a small scrambled egg which I didn't fini****urkey sausage the size of a loonie I didn't finish and 1/2 a thin toast that I didn't finish! I will definitely pay closer attention to the amounts! I'm following the Guelph guidelines and they say to eat a half a cup of food and 3 food groups! I haven't felt good today as well, even drinking is hurting maybe because I injured my pouch! I'm scared to eat now and will never try and finish what I have in my plate! Thanks again

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

Daisydoo02
on 3/30/17 3:32 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hope you are feeling better. Just wanted to echo what BirdieGirl said, toast should not even be on your menu. Period.

For you & all the newbies out there yes I know your "Centre" tells you to eat bread, whole grain rice, oatmeal, wraps, Melba toast etc. Don't. You will stop your weight loss and get addicted to carbs. Bread, wraps, rice, oatmeal, crackers, chips, cookies have no place on anyone's' Menu who is not at goal let alone 6 weeks out. One egg should have been your whole breakfast. I am 3.5 yrs out from RNY that I had done at TWH. I ignored the Dieticians advice of eating all the carby crap she was pushing. I am below goal and I would only eat 1 egg & 2 slices of bacon now for breakfast, never toast. It's a slippery slope.

This is hard at first to get all the rules etc straight. I am not trying to sound harsh or mean, I am coming at this with concern for you at 6 weeks out eating too much and the wrong food and want to help. Try just the egg or just the sausage. That should fill you up.

Best of luck

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

birdiegirl
on 3/30/17 6:08 am

Thanks Daisy

it's also the justification "did u notice I said I only ate part of ...blah blah blah. .." that is even more worrisome from the OP.

We promise we are trying to help. You can eat whatever you want. As old timers, we are trying to show you a path that has proven to be successful. We don't have a personal stake in your weight loss and could just choose to pat your head and say too bad the eggs were tough to eat or not take the time to make any comments. Instead, we are trying to give you solid advice.

sincerely hope you stop and think about what we've said. Then you make your choices.

Most Active
Recent Topics