What are u eating/doing Tuesday

crqvingchange
on 3/28/17 9:52 am

Hey GB Girl, welcome. Your menu looks good. Do you use MFP? They have a feature where you can cut and paste here and not have all of the typing. You're still pretty early out, so good for you for getting all your water, and exercise in. The only thing you might want to try and get in more protein. Guelph says a minimum of 60g per day to help with the healing. Using 1 whole Premier Protein a day would help with that. You can add the vanilla to your decaf coffee or tea used as a creamer. I would definitely say you are on track.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

crqvingchange
on 3/28/17 10:01 am

Good afternoon Ready. Maybe for your surgiversary do an activity that you couldn't have done before surgery. Examples could be trampoline park, ziplining (I did this one), you get the idea.

Today I have to do a mountain of laundry and run some errands. My lovely DH is taking me out for dinner tonight.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

Buckets of decaf

Scrambled eggs with hot peppers and fresh salsa

Steak with mushrooms, lobster bisque, and a bite of my husband's fancy-ass dessert (just 1 bite)

Probably won't have a snack tonight as dinner will be enough and I know I'll be bringing home leftovers.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Nikki101
on 3/28/17 12:34 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Insanity continues! I've been feeling very stressed and overwhelmed. I've also noticed those pesky 10lbs really make a difference! I'm wearing a similar outfit to one I wore last year (different pants) and... well I can completely see the difference! Dang belly is 100% noticeably different... I should use one of those programs and do a side by side to really see. I wear a lot of dresses in the summer so this is a huge bother... That said time to go really careful! I need chicken to be on sale!!! And these essays and assignments to be over... I feel like exams are easier than essays!

So far today, I'm a little carby due to lentils in my soup... but it's soooo good.

Breakfast - Ham and lentil soup, homemade, maybe about 2 cups of lentils in the whole pot, a little leftover ham etc.

Lunch - leftover steak - maybe 2oz, small piece. and 10 snap peas. I love these things!

Dinner - I have nothing out so the plan is ham and lentil soup.

Snacks - Sugar free iced coffee. piece of cheese (2oz? i didn't measure)

I haven't input any of this yet so no stats.

crqvingchange
on 3/28/17 2:15 pm

Nikki you are so right, 10lbs now makes a huge difference in how our clothes look and feel. If I am up on the scales, or have been eating too many salty meals, then it's a double spanx kind of day.

Nikki101
on 3/29/17 6:37 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

I very desperately need to lose these 10lbs. I worry my summer clothes won't fit right. So... today, I'll pack up the rest of the soup and freeze it (Since I've had some for breakfast). And see if a friend is serious about going for walks and stuff. And it's back to extreme basics. Meat, veggies and a little fruit. I really need to get some darn chicken. I wore a shirt and black pants similar to an outfit from last July - same shirt and I had black capris - my stomach looked HUGE... and the rest too. So, I'm going to make that my motivation. I plan to print it out and put it up so that I have to look at it and remind myself what I'm risking.

Today won't be the greatest since I've had soup. lol. And I need to do a bunch of things - find washers because however my grandma's tv was hung up it's a shock it didn't fall, and now that she's moved rooms it needs to go up there. Also, homework and study for my scenario testing friday.

Cinderz
on 3/28/17 4:42 pm

Good evening everyone

How does everything from so good to not so good...16 weeks post op and I'm now struggling to eat, I have no desire to eat anything unless it comes in liquid form. Yesterday I was able to eat an egg bite thing and this morning I tried one small bite chewed really well felt like I'd eaten the whole muffin tray. So water and premier protein has been in my menu for 2 days now. I am going to stick with this through the weekend and try full fluids next week and see how it goes....

Im not complaining as the scale has moved daily but I had a nice system going and now I feel off

Have a great day everyone

crqvingchange
on 3/28/17 6:13 pm

Cinderz I'm sorry that you are struggling. Eggs can be hit and miss on certain days for many newbies. When is your next followup at your centre? Not sure if you like shrimp, but I haven't heard of too many that have had issues with shrimp. Birdie would take a shrimp ring to work and eat some of it throughout the day. I know at 4 months out that I ate a lot of chicken or turkey meatballs done in the crockpot with Marinara sauce until they were really soft. Pork would make me feel really ill unless it was bacon. Keep trying different foods, even if it is only having a small bite of a family member's food. You will find what works for you. We used to have one lady that posted a few years back and her go to snack was cottage cheese with ketchup. It worked for her, but might not work for someone else. Our pouches can be finicky little b's.

Cinderz
on 3/28/17 6:30 pm

Hi Crqvingchange,

I have never been big on sea food, eating tune the last 8 weeks has been a huge step for me, Ive only ever tried shrimp once and although it wasn't too bad, it was breaded so I was able to mask what it was, I may just have to get over my fear and just try some as is. Chicken, tuna, cottage cheese and yogurts have been my go to foods for weeks now as they always sat well and I was comfortable with how these foods made my tummy feel. I have not tried pork and only had beef once since surgery, it was recommended to wait until a out 6 months out. My next follow up at the clinic isn't until June. I may on Monday start to introduce different things if even in small bites as I did in the beginning. It's frustrating because I had a good routine going and I feel off track now

crqvingchange
on 3/28/17 6:39 pm

Maybe try the shrimp with some spicy Cajun or Chipotle mayo. These hiccups happen and you have been doing so well, I know you will get back to your routine. C C

Most Active
Recent Topics