What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

Cinderz
on 3/17/17 7:17 pm

Thank you, this means so much!

Kathy1212
on 3/17/17 1:46 pm

Hi Cindi,

So glad your daughter was discharged; I hope she's feeling OK. Sounds like a very stressful time.

Congrats on breaking your stall!

Kathy

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Cinderz
on 3/17/17 7:22 pm

Thank you Kathy, definitley stressful.

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/17 9:50 am
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning. How do you make your egg bites? I'm excited to try the Starbucks eggbites when we go to SC next month.

I have to day off so we spent the morning at Jungle Cat World in Orono. We are heading back for feeding time and a tour at 1:30.

Breakfast - the usual protein shake

Lunch- Trying the new Maple Leaf Protinins Snack. I have the Roasted Chicken with Mild Salsa.

Still figuring out dinner. My daughter's friend that's staying over is a vegetarian so while the rest of us will have meat, I want something that she can easily eat as well.

I'm making more protein pudding. Yummy.

crqvingchange
on 3/17/17 1:06 pm

For the Eggbites, I take whatever tasty stuff I have in the fridge - mushrooms, salmon, leeks, red peppers, feta, bacon, pepperoni. I spray a silicon muffin tin and put it in a roasting pan that is filled with water (Bain Marie) so that it just comes below the top of the muffin tin. Then I half fill the muffin tin with the flavourings that I want and pour in either beaten eggs or carton eggs (this time I used cheese and chives) to about the top and then bake until set. 350 is good. They have a similar quality to the sous vide Eggbites from Starbucks (Tried them last month when I was down south. Liked both flavours, but eggwhite was my fav.)

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 3/17/17 10:43 am

Mmm, your menu sounds yummy, and I can't wait until I can start swimming too!

I'm 6 weeks post op, and went for a walk in the mall yesterday, but my pneumonia is still here and it was too soon. I had to sit at every bench; I was so exhausted and weak. I miss being able to walk; I was able to walk for an hour before the pneumonia (even though the nurse told me to limit myself to half hour walks).

I was back on purees and yesterday had some lovely pureed chicken with a bit of hot sauce and a spoon of low cal ranch dressing; tasted just like buffalo wings; delish. But today I am not hungry at all and am just having two protein shakes, some broth, and maybe some yogurt later.

How do you make sugar free protein pudding; sounds yummy?

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 3/17/17 1:15 pm

For the SF Protein Pudding you can make it a number of ways. They have sugar free Jello pudding in the grocery store. It's usually fat free as well. Then you can mix it with Greek yogurt or SKYR yogurt to replace half of the required fluid. You can also use a RTD protein shake to replace some of the fluid. You are too early out to add the fixin's, but I also add chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax, walnuts and chopped prunes and that keeps me regular. You could also add Restoralax if that is something you use. One of my favourite combos is Pudding mix/SKYR yogurt/Pumpkin puree/Pumpkin spice. If you are ever in the States, they have Jello SF White Chocolate, Cheesecake, Pistachio, Lemon, Banana pudding mixes. Sometimes I will buy those from Low Carb in Toronto if I am going that way.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 3/17/17 1:50 pm

Thank you, and great idea to add the Restorolax to the pudding or yogurt. I never thought of that and always add it to my water, then have a hard time getting it down.

I live in a border community but need a new passport. After that, I'll be able to shop in the US to my heart's content, lol.

Kathy

Kathy  

ready-4-new-start
on 3/17/17 2:05 pm - Canada

I remember going to the states all time without a passport.. Camping and back to school shopping or just going over there for dinner..

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Kathy1212
on 3/17/17 2:15 pm

Me too! I miss just needing my drivers license.

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics