Opti blood sugar testing?

rce884
on 3/16/17 1:29 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Hello OH friends!

just a quickie about opti blood sugar testing.

i am running a bit high. (quite a bit high actually) does anyone know if someone has had there surgery cancelled for this (its generally 11) does it go down the longer you are on opti. should i just keep checking?

should i be worried?

i know I'm a fussbuget, but i just want things to so smoothly

my 3 month average was 7.5 on the bloodwork. they did not seem concerned.

any thoughts?

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

White Dove
on 3/16/17 2:54 pm - Warren, OH

I am US and did a liquid diet that allowed sugarfree drinks. My blood sugar shot up to 300's which is about 17 British. That was Wednesday and my surgery was scheduled the following Tuesday.

My surgery would be cancelled if it was not back to normal on the morning of surgery.

I figured out that the cranberry juice I was drinking was low sugar, not sugar free as I had thought it was. When I stopped drinking that I went back to normal very quickly.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

rce884
on 3/16/17 3:46 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Thanks I will watch myself

glad it worked out though

Cinderz
on 3/16/17 3:21 pm

Hello rce884,

I was oppisite on Optifast, my sugar dropped, it was typically at 3.5-4.5 most days but a couple of times was so low it didn't register, I was allowed to have juice or sugar tabs to bring it up. I can't see them cancelling at an 11, your sugar will drop after surgery, and I'm sure you were told not to take your diabetes meds on the day of surgery. My sugar kept going very low afterwards and they kept yelling at me to eat the jello and drink the juice...Call your enter to double check :-)

rce884
on 3/16/17 3:47 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Good points. I kind of thought it would drop faster with opti

but I don't know maybe it's just going slower.

Mabe I will have to wait till post surgery to see a significant drop

Cinderz
on 3/16/17 3:56 pm

Are you type 1 or type 2? I was type 2. I have not been on medication for diabetes since surgery, I tried to resume them once I returned home from surgery but my sugars kept dropping, my doctor adviced me to stop taking the meds and then did a blood test at 2 weeks post op and said he no longer classified me as diabetic.

rce884
on 3/17/17 6:24 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Hello Cinderz,

i am a type 2. I suppose i am just being over eager. i even did a blood sugar test after fasting it was still in the 10 area. grr.

oh well cant ru**** can we.

Glad things went so well with you. fingers crossed it will be that good for me.

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

valt
on 3/16/17 8:34 pm

I had surgery in Guelph on Wednesday and my sugar levels were not checked until after surgery and have been high...9.3.....Doctor/nurses don't seem concerned...they think it will come right down

Most Active
Recent Topics