Change the forum

lexxiblue
on 3/14/17 4:02 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

WOW.. have i been away that long??? looks like they changed the appearance of the forum again... haven't looked around long but i'm assuming it's better? and of course, being 5 years out... people have come and gone.. and luckily i am on the right site, ontario forum, as i recognize one name.. birdiegirl.. amen!! good luck to all and keep your eye on the prize!!!

Wayne H.
on 3/14/17 6:57 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

How you doing?

Nice to see some seasoned vets kicking around. Hope life has been amazing for you since you built the losers bench. Lol

lexxiblue
on 3/14/17 7:06 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

hello hello!!!

life IS amazing... altho maintenance is truly a struggle.. being fat all my life... i am still having a hard time with my head not in line with the weight loss.... it's an ongoing battle.. but i'm 90% winning!! down 190lbs with a 20 lbs bounce back and at my 5 year appointment the dietiation was pleased that i'm in the 43% weight loss range. it's not all about the scales i know... i got healthier.. got off 9 / 11 pills... got rid of the cpap machine, got rid of diabetes, got rid of high blood pressure... but i still see the old fat me... not sure if that will ever go away.. but... i'm healthier!! when i first started my journey i was on this site almost 24/7... and continued for a while.. then life got in the way... and i only pop in once in a while... and don't know many of the posters... (my fault i know!)... and this site has changed so much... but... it's a great site and very helpful for all of us ... old and new!! thanks for the note... and .. take care of you!!

lexxi!

Wayne H.
on 3/14/17 8:42 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

It sounds like a win / win to me. I think a bounce back is normal is it not? I can relate to what you say about feeling like the old you. I was always a big fella but when I was around 24 years old..I lost a lot of wieght. I never really felt like myself. This time around I expect it but will definetly enjoy the benefits of loosing a lot of weight and use that as my motovational head voice.

As for posting, I have participated on many forums but overtime our interests and focus changes. Its nice to drop back in and say hello and hopefully run into some other oldies. Lol

Kathy1212
on 3/15/17 8:46 am

HI, welcome back! I'm one of the newbies here; 6 weeks post op.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Wayne H.
on 3/15/17 10:22 am
RNY on 02/08/17

^^^ My Online Buddy on the forum :-)

lexxiblue
on 3/15/17 11:38 am
RNY on 01/11/12

thank you thank you!!

Most Active