Cream Soups? In Canada??

BubblyMel34
on 3/14/17 11:23 pm

Thanks, I will look around for them :)

Smoka
on 3/14/17 4:42 pm
RNY on 09/12/17

You could make your own if you have a blender.

I make a leek/carrot soup that's pretty simple.

Boil both in a vegetable broth (cube) and puree. Add a bit of milk if you wish. You could probably add protien powder as well.

You could use any vegetables you wish.

BubblyMel34
on 3/14/17 11:24 pm

Great suggestion! I was thinking to make my own from scratch if I couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Kathy1212
on 3/15/17 8:57 am

I bought the no name brand canned cream of chicken soup and it was good. 1 cup has 8 grams of protein and only 2 grams of sugar, but 17 carbs. Of course, we can't eat the full serving size so you need to do math to fit your portion.

The no name brand cheddar cheese soup had better stats. 1 cup has 10 grams of protein, 2 grams of sugar, and 0 carbs.

I tried both soups on really cold days when I couldn't stand the thought of one more cold food item or shake. I didn't have any unflavored protein powder so added some skim milk powder once, but it upset my stomach so I only had one sip with the skim milk powder before tossing it out.

I made the soup with half skim milk, half water, and it tasted pretty good.

Right after surgery, for the first two weeks, I couldn't stomach anything but my protein shakes, and clear broth, so I had the cream soups much later.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics