I am mad!

Dundreggen
on 3/6/17 2:19 pm - Canada

I get it. I would cry if I had to reschedule my camping. (I had to get people to help lol. The park has campsites on lake Ontario. You can only book them starting 5 months to the day in advance. We kept making concerted efforts to try to get them but they would disappear. WE FINALLY got one. I would cry if had to let it go)

I had my surgery consult in July and was originally scheduled for Dec. Got moved up due to a cancellation to Dec.

Thankfully I was scheduled for 2 weeks opti and I was 285. That stuff is nasty!!

Referral TWH: Sept 2015 Orientation: Nov 2015 Social Worker: Jan 2016 Nurse practitioner: Feb 2016 Nutrition (group): Mar 2016 Nutritionist: May 2016 Psych: May 2016 Meeting with Surgeon: July 2016 Surgery!: Nov 2016

So far 80 pounds lost!

100Buttons
on 3/6/17 3:12 pm
RNY on 03/03/17

Thank you everyone for understanding my frustrations. Lately life has been throwing me some very unfair curveballs. This is something that I am so greatly looking forward to and I just want fair for once. And while I do greatly hope for a cancellation, it's very unlikely and not ideal when I work full time, my husband works full time and we have kids. I also want to have the chance to take the Opti and shrink my liver for a safe surgery, as that is why that step has been put there. I digress.

At this point, I feel too guilty and mad to cancel my family vacation. I am pushing to just take a cab to the hospital and do this while thing solo. My husband is furious about this plan but I am not ready to cancel it because we can't sinc up schedules to have any time together anyways at this point. They might as well enjoy the trip together and with the other families.

Mama-E
on 3/7/17 10:11 pm

I get why you are angry.... I am angry for you!

but please please.. consider going on his trip. Your husband and kids need you there to be part of the memories they will be making

the surgery can wait... it's waited this long!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Ref:07/2016 Orientation: 09/26/16 Psych appt:Oct 6 2016 Nurse: Nov 14/16 SW: Jan 16/17 Nutrition: Jan 26/ 17 Surgeon: March 31/17 Surgery: Aug 15/2017.

HW (so far) 252lbs

Lookingahead
on 3/8/17 12:06 pm
Revision on 07/01/17

Dear 100buttons not sure if you are any further ahead as I'm replying a few days late. I completely understand your anger. I was referred in early July 2015 and still don't have a surgery date. After several delays and being assigned to one surgeon then another I am finally having an OTN appointment with the surgeon this Friday where after almost 2 years of this crazy process he may still decide that he won't do the surgery so when I say I understand I totally understand. In my case I had wls over 10 years ago in the states and did fantastic. I was never thin but happy to be healthy and after spending alot of money on numerous botched cosmetic repairs I learned to be happy with what I had. Over 3 years ago I started experiencing several health issues that caused me to cease all physical activity. Going from being extremely active and the edition of numerous meds I've regained 40 lbs. The problem is Dr's didn't take my complaints serious enough and in the end I ended up with a type of spinal cord injury that has left me with many problems the most serious being non stop pain. So now after working years to get healthy and spending a boat load of money on reconstruction I have the same doctors who left me permanently injured telling me how important it is to lose weight to help with pain and mobility. So now how do I lose weight when I already eat little and cannot exercise except to get a revision and hope like crazy it works. So when I say I understand I really do but all I can say is the OHIP system is broken and you, I and thousands of others in Ontario are victims. As for your family vacation I hope that gets worked out.

100Buttons
on 3/8/17 8:03 pm
RNY on 03/03/17

Thanks Lookinahead and everyone for commiserating with me in this crappy process. I unfortunately have to suck up this date. I have committed to being in office for the end of July through August as my colleague is getting married and will be gone for 5 weeks. I am the only one who can do his job while he is gone. So I would be pushing my surgery out until September which I can't even stomach the thought of.

Which also means I will not get to take the full 3 or 4 weeks I would have happily taken to recover. I will have to return to work after 2 weeks with my surgery date. I have a desk job so it should be fine but believe me when I tell you I would gladly be home as long as the surgeon would let me so feel cheated out of this time to heal, relax and adjust.

It sucks all around but I am fairly helpless at this point.

Starnaenae
on 3/10/17 11:00 am

I was through TWH as well and this was one of THE most frustrating things ever.. THEY SHOULD NOT ALLOW PEOPLE TO CALL IN FOR CANCELLATIONS... it puts those who have been waiting for MONTHS even further behind and it becomes VERY discouraging. i called the program manager and that day i was offered to go to guelph. i was the second patient they sent there in december. i was referred in may 2015, orientation was in nov 2015 and i had my surgery in dec 2016 at guelph... its really unfortunate that the system fails those who wait patiently and they get further and further behind... i completely understand your frustration.. i was seeing people who had orientation in april 2016 getting surgery dates in november and december 2016 at TWH.. how is that fair.. i dont have time or patience to be calling EVERY DAY multiple times a day for that... i would call sandra and talk to her... it was after my last appt that i was told i wouldnt see the surgeon for quite some time so i called Sandra and she got me in for my surgeon appt in november at TWH and i was told they arent booking surgery because they are so far behind... but when they start booking itll be april or may i sai dnope... and called Sandra right away...

TWH: Referral May 2015 --> Orientation November 2015 --> Surgeon at TWH Nov 2016 --> Transferred to Guelph --> Surgeon Appt Dec 1 2016 --> Opti Start Dec 8 2016 --> Surgery Dec 22 2016 HW: 331 SW:302 GW: 170

Most Active
Recent Topics