Opti making me have doubts...

Manda32
on 3/2/17 11:28 pm

Thanks Lee-Ann!

I expected it to be tough to start. Even doubting my ability to stay on opti, but doubting surgery, was a surprise to me. I'm not giving in, and these doubts aren't going to put all my hard work I've put in so far in jeopardy. Our minds really like to mess with us don't they?? Just didn't expect this, but its a relief to hear people experienced this as well. Makes me feel normal.

Day 2 done of opti, day 3 technically starts today, since its after midnight, but I'm just trying to take it day by day....thinking of 12 more days left makes me think...ugh I hate this, but I'm sure surgery day will be here before I know it.

Thanks for all your support. I hope you are doing well. Howi's your full fluids going?

Take care.

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/17 2:34 am

I coincidently just wrote almost the same thing except that I'm on week 3 of 4 of Optifast. My surgery is on March 17. The first few days of Optifast were an emotional roller coaster but there are times, like today, when I am completely freaking out about the surgery. I feel like I want to eat and eat and eat today and I feel a ton of emotions that I can no longer shove down with food. I'm stuck trying to figure out what to do with them and at times I feel like...what the hell am I doing. Has food been such an emotional support that I can't fathom being without it? I have better days now since being in ketosis means your not going to be as hungry after about 3 days but it's the emotional stuff that's surfacing I guess I just don't know how I'm going to deal. I keep telling myself that I have to let it surface and then it will pass but that's not very comforting if I feel like it won't get better. Sorry for the rambling just a bad day.

Manda32
on 3/7/17 11:27 pm

I have been feeling all those things as well Today (technically yesterday) was actually by far the most difficult day for me. I felt so emotional, and your right, food having such a hold on us. I know its my comfort food, and I get that, but how I felt at the end of today, I broke down a bit to my sister. I wasn't expecting a day like this. I knew opti would be tough, and yes the first few days are the hardest, your body getting adjusted to, it but man not expecting this. I thought I made it through the first few days, and that would be the toughtest few days, but I guess, when you food has such a hold on you, its not that easy to let go of it.

As much as i had a bad day, I do think it will get better over time, and yes thats not very comforting I know. The mental hunger will always be there, from what people say, but I do belive you get better at dealing with it, thus becoming a bit easier to deal with.

Doing my best to stay strong. One week to go!

Where are you having your surgery done?

THanks for the reply, it makes me feel better, feeling like I'm not the only one. I hate feeling this way.

GOod luck with your surgery next week as well!!!

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Most Active
Recent Topics