Hair loss

Mahalo F.
on 2/25/17 3:02 pm

Hi guys,

I have a ton of thick, naturally curly hair that reaches to the small of my back.

Quite honestly... I never ever thought it would happen to me...

I wash my hair once a week and tend to run my fingers through it to untangle when I am rincing it. I have to admit that there is some around my knuckles & on the brush after brushing it.  

Yesterday my mother in law noticed a bauld spot on my head. I was prepared for thinning but not a bauld spot the size of a golf ball.

I am taking my Vitamins & getting all my protein in.

Have you experienced this? Does it get worse? Does it last a long time. What have you done to help improve the hair loss.

Do you take supplements? I am worried about absorption.

Going to GNC tomorrow in hope to finding something.

What are your thoughts?   

Sandra.   

Mahalo.   

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 3:57 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I found as soon as I had lost around 40 lbs, my hair started falling out like crazy.  I have really thick curly hair as well and there were tons of dark brown hair everywhere.  I clogged the drain in the shower all the time, hair was falling in food, etc.  I took all my supplements and it still happened.  It's very common to lose hair from anesthesia and from weight loss so throw in both together and you are almost guaranteed to lose some.  I lost about 2/3 of my hair but nobody noticed but myself and my stylist.  I never got bald spots but it was definitely thin.  My pony tail was like a rat tail it was so thin.  There really isn't much you can do, some think that Biotin orally and biotin shampoos help but I don't believe it does.  Invest in a hair net and clips to keep your hair up and buy one of those long things to unclog the drains as it will fall out for about 8 months or so.  I ended up getting mine cut a bit shorter because I got so sick of seeing long hair everywhere.

TheRealMeWithin
on 2/25/17 8:35 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

did it grow back?

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/17 3:19 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Yep you start to get little pain in the ass hairs growing back almost as fast as it falls out but of course it takes forever to get as long as what I had so they would stick up but at least it grew back.  Every single time I have surgery I lose hair after the anesthesia but when I lost weight and had anesthesia it was far worse.

Kathy1212
on 2/26/17 10:37 am

Oh no; I"m so sorry.

I know it's awful to go through this, but it will grow back in time.  Can you style your hair in a way that covers the spot?

I have long hair too, and always lose a lot when I shampoo and condition, and can't imagine losing more hair than I already do.  I have lots of hair so I'm hoping it will still look OK when it starts to thin out.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

kamac
on 2/26/17 11:50 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Sorry you're going through this- hair loss definitely sucks!

I don't have any advice to offer, but your hair will definitely grow back.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Dcadaval
on 2/26/17 4:51 pm
VSG on 06/20/16

I experienced hair loss for a while but it slowed down. I take all my vitamins including biotin and it hasn't stopped but has gotten much better. I know hair is essential to our self esteem and thinning hair can have a definite impact on our well being, but I wouldn't want to go back to weighing over 400 lbs no matter how great my locks look. It will get better. Stick to it. 

Age: 43. 6' 1" HW 413 lbs. VSG on 06/20/16 at Jackson South w/ Dr. Jacobsd

KateScott
on 3/8/17 4:10 pm

I experienced hair loss about a year ago. I took vitamins, but it wasn't enough. My friend suggested me to try a castor oil (http://therighthairstyles.com/castor-oil-for-hair/). I used it two times per week (maybe it is possible to use it more often) and it really helped for my hair growth. You can also try it. Anyway, this is a natural remedy, you risk nothing. I hope your hair will grow fast.

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/17 9:27 am

I started taking Biotin 2 months before surgery. I haven't lost any hair. I still take it every day. B12 goes under my tongue once a week. Flintstones complete are chewable. Other then that, don't worry about absorption!

My vitamin D is up from the 20's to the 70's and I swallow it!

Mahalo F.
on 3/26/17 11:01 am
Hey How are you doing? I sent you a message in your in box. Did you get it! So close to goal. Had your palette improved?

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Most Active
Recent Topics