Not pleased with what my tests found

crqvingchange
on 2/24/17 10:04 am

I think those are the staples that are used to make our smaller pouch.  The stomach is still there, it is just stapled off.  I'm sure some of the vets will correct me if I'm wrong.  I remember Guelph saying no gum because if we swallowed it, it might get caught in the staple line.

As for breathing, yoga teaches us to breath down into our belly to expand the lungs.

Hope this helps, try to be calm.  Meditate if you can, or try counting backwards from 500 by 3's.  Both things will help calm the mind and drop cortisol levels. Big hugs. 

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 2/24/17 1:20 pm

Thank you.

I'm not anxious, but am curious and would like answers, that's all.

Yoga breathing is a great idea.  I've been doing deep breathing and even sang a bit because I always found singing helps to make my lungs stronger.  My asthma was much better when I used to sing in a choir.

Hugs to you too :-).

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Meggles07
on 2/24/17 10:40 am - Canada

Did you have your surgery laparoscopically? If so those clips are generally titanium and meant to stay where they are. They are used to portion, cut, and seal the edges of your pouch. They are much more stable than stitches, and less likely to leak. They are very unlikely to set off metal detectors.

Meg~

Kathy1212
on 2/24/17 1:22 pm

Thank you so much Meg; I was hoping to hear something like that.  Yes, I had surgery laparoscopically.  And no, I didn't set off the metal detector at the airport on my way home .

Take care.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

Kathy  

leeann73
on 2/24/17 3:26 pm

Xo. Keep us updated. I just want your pain to go away. Xo

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Kathy1212
on 2/24/17 3:59 pm

Thank you so much, Leeann.  I actually feel much better since going back on full fluids.  I guess my body just wasn't ready for purees last week.  I'm supposed to reintroduce them tomorrow.

Kathy  

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/17 3:51 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Clips are commonly used during surgeries.  I have clips from gallbladder removal and from having my tubes tied.  Some RNY surgeons use clips and some use staples.  I would just confirm with his nurse which he uses so you can rest easy on that part.  They are titanium so never need to worry about them setting anything off.

Kathy1212
on 2/24/17 4:00 pm

Thanks for letting me know, Tracey.  That eases my mind a lot.  I did talk to the surgeon's nurse but she didn't know anything.  She asked me to have my family doctor forward the results, and said she would contact me after the surgeon reads the report.

Do the clips just stay in us forever then?

Kathy  

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 4:02 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Yep all the ones that I have in me are still in there and one surgery was 23 years ago.  I think some surgeons use clips and others use the staple gun.  Perhaps someone else that had your surgeon could answer what they have if they know.  Not sure who your surgeon was but might be helpful to put his/her name in the thread in case someone help sees it that had the same surgeon.

Mahalo F.
on 2/25/17 2:42 pm

WOW Kathy 

So sorry that you are completely stressed out!

I my advice to you... Stop Googling! Lol

Clips are very common with abdominal surgery...

They can either use clips or staples...

That is normal... 

With regards to the lungs... There are no consolidations, pneumothorax or pleural effusions...  That is great!

The atelectasis is probably causing your discomfort.  If they were worried about it they would have called and asked you to come to the Emergency.

Definitely follow up with your doctor... This will probably resolve on it's own....

Take care & Breathe my friend Breathe...

This is a bump in the road of this amazing journey... This too shall pass...

Sandra.  

Mahalo.  

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Most Active
Recent Topics