Day 5 post op "cold stuff"

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 2/18/17 7:12 am

Today is my day 5 post op and I am finding it really hard to still drive k anything that is cool in temperature! I can feel it go from my mouth all the way down to my left lower side of my stomach. Is this normal? And will this pain go away eventually? I am totally fine with sips of about 5 MLS at a time with warm stuff!

LauraLeafFan
on 2/18/17 7:25 am

I am 4 days post op and warm fluids are what I find easier to swallow as well.

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 2/18/17 7:28 am

Hey Lady it's Angela your room buddy from the hospital! How u feeling? I'm not even in much pain I haven't took a pain pill since 3pm yesterday! I seen u had to stay an extra day that sucks! Hope all is well! Trying to figure out how to use this site, I can't add a profile pic it won't let me!

LauraLeafFan
on 2/18/17 8:16 am

Hey Room mate,

Yea i am still here until morning...they want my blood levels to be stable until tomorrow.  Just a minor hiccup....I feel great...no pain....roaming the hospital....and drinking warm stuff...not cold....warm is way easier.

Glad you joined the site....I have no clue how to add a photo either....my hubby does....if u don't figure it out by tomorrow I will ask him. 

Glad things are good for you.  Bhojani is awesome has checked on me twice a day...even today although there is a  bariatric surgeon on call.  He has had the nurses calling him in the middle of the night with my blood levels.  His point is I rather keep you longer and know all is well then send you home and you have more issues.

Take it easy...and keep in touch.

Laura

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 2/18/17 8:22 am

Oh wow I thought u went home! I hope things get better for you soon Sonu can rest at home! Why do they think this is happening? I feel really good thanks! I will keep in touch for sure, your as well! Fingers crossed your numbers go up!!

LauraLeafFan
on 2/18/17 9:00 am

I was passing blood in my stool....he figured I had a small internal bleed either on the staple line or a blood vessel...that likely let go because of the blood thinners...so he canceled all my blood thinners gave me extra vitamin k....and said these things usually repair them selves ....he opted to give me blood to keep my energy levels up ...and from then on things are doing fine.  

At least my intervenous is gone and I can roam this hospital anytime I want...lol she even said I can go outside for a walk.

Take it easy 

Laura

White Dove
on 2/18/17 8:05 am - Warren, OH

Your insides are still swollen.  Just sip warm fluids until cold ones feel OK.  It took me about 10 days.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 2/18/17 8:09 am

OK thanks! I was just starting to think that this was always going to be the case!

Tracks
on 2/18/17 8:49 am - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

I'm just over 3 weeks out.  I can tolerate cold fluids, but warm ones still go down much easier.   I'm finding decaf coffee an easy way to get some fluids in. 

HW: 335 SW: 310 CW: 287

Kathy1212
on 2/18/17 10:48 am

Hi, I think that's pretty normal for most people.  Not me.  From the minute I woke up after surgery, I did better with ice cold water.  The nurse in recovery fed me spoonfuls of ice, and when I later woke up in my room I asked my nurse for more ice and she scolded me and told me no, ice is not good for me. She brought me water, at room temp, and it was awful.  Then the next shift I got a new nurse who brought me ice water and it went down so much easier.  I've always been an ice eater/drinker of ice cold water, so I guess that didn't change.

I still can't do hot though.  I can do warm liquids but not hot (I don't mean super hot, but normal hot things, like the temp of coffee I used to drink before).  My pouch does not like heat.  Warm is OK but cold is better.

The pain will get better every day.  Hang in, and best wishes for your recovery.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics