11 days till losers bench!

skinny_gigi
on 2/17/17 5:28 pm

Time is really flying by...11 days till the losers bench! I though the surgery was only one overnight in the hospital but now i'm wondering if that's true...

What did everyone bring to the hospital?

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

LauraLeafFan
on 2/17/17 6:04 pm

Hey Girl!!

Not sure about Dr Reed but Bhojani does a standard 2 nights.  I keep getting told by others 2 nights is standard here in Guelph.  I would ask when you are here on Tuesday for your preop.  They will tell you.

I brought...phone and charger...and headphones....but if you have private or semi private coverage your phone and TV are provided for free.  I brought adult or relaxation  coloring books and toothbrush...toothpaste....brush...standard care products.  I brought clothes but have been living in their nice big gowns...but you can get dressed if you wish ...I was comfy as is....  also an incision can bleed so why dirty your own clothes lol.

The eleven days will go quick!!

Best of all no opti!!

Laura

skinny_gigi
on 2/18/17 5:03 am

agreed don't want to dirty own clothes are the gowns open in the back?  i may pack a robe.  i am getting excited!  how are you feeling today? 

Tracks
on 2/18/17 5:37 am - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

I just wore two gowns. One that opened in the back, then when I wanted to walk the halls, I put one on backwards so it opened in the front.  I was totally covered. 

HW: 335 SW: 310 CW: 287

skinny_gigi
on 2/18/17 5:40 am

That's a good idea...my back hurts if i feel a draft on it...so when i'm walking i don't want to feel drafty....

Kathy1212
on 2/18/17 6:42 am

You'll be amazed by how quickly the time will pass; at least, I was.

I packed my toiletries (all travel sized), plus Biotene dry mouth spray, which came in handy, and dry shampoo, which I used my third day in the hospital before I was discharged.  I brought hair ties to tie my hair back, and I brought clothes but like the others didn't use them, except for fresh socks and underwear.  I wore one hospital gown in bed, and put on another like a housecoat for walking.  My room was like a sauna and I couldn't stand the thought of putting on more clothes.

I wasn't allowed to have anything more than my clothes, a book, and 20 bucks with me during the surgery; those were all put in a big plastic bag and taken away, then given back later when I woke up. My friend brought me my purse and laptop after surgery, when I was in my room.  My phone and tablet were in my purse, lol, so I had lots of electronics with me, and used them all, lol. 

I was only supposed to stay one night but ended up staying 2 nights because I had a reaction to the pain meds (they made me lightheaded and faint), and an allergic reaction to gravol. 

You'll be on the loser's bench before you know it; I'll save you a spot!

Take care.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Mahalo F.
on 2/18/17 6:50 am

Good morning!

Ottawa Hospital has an overnight stay.  Home the next day!

I am okay with that... Loved being home in my own bed and PVR.  

Definitely bring your phone, charger, ears buds/head phones, lip balm, toiletries, house coat to facilitate corridor walking, I wore a gown surgery day but slipped into a comfortable nightie the following day.

I spent most of my surgery day & night .

Thanks to the pain meds & antinausea meds, I struggled to stay awake with visitors.

Hoping everything goes well and before you know it, you too will be sitting on the loser's bench!

Take care & keep in touch   

Sandra.  

Mahalo.  

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Most Active
Recent Topics