(6) week update

Mahalo F.
on 2/17/17 7:18 am

Hello everyone!   

Just wanted to touch base. Went in for my (6) week follow up and dietician class. I did not learn anything that I didn't already know.

The dietician did not like that I have chosen not to do starches (rice, pasta, bread****il I am in the 100s. I am not sure that I would tolerate them right now. She went on about the importance of carbohydrates in our diets. I told that I am getting it in my other food choices.

My bloodwork was great except my B 12 was on the high end.

Discovered B 12 should be taken every other day. Ooops!

I normally don't too caught up in the measurements.

My BMI 35 was down to 42. What I found most interesting was my total fat % was 40 down from 52.5.

I am officially in my 220s weighing in at 229 this morning!

Woohoo!   

Things have been going well with the exception of the ongoing constipation. I am doing MOM & Mineral Oil every 3rd day.

Restoralax and stool softeners daily. I can't imagine having to do this all year.

I am still enjoying the drumming (4) X week.

Take care

Sandra   

Mahalo   

Roux En Y ? January 4th, 2017

HW 283? SW 260? CW 229 Wt. loss? M:1-23

IN THE END, WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE ? THE WORD ITSELF SAYS I'M POSSIBLE

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

leeann73
on 2/17/17 8:43 am

Wow. You are doing great. Can't wait to join you on that bench. 

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Manda32
on 2/17/17 10:00 am

Sounds like you are doing a great job! Keep up the great work!

fromfattohealthy
on 2/17/17 10:02 am - Canada

I am glad that you are doing well!

The emphasis on Carbs really bothers me. When I was in my nutrition class I noticed that and what I know about my body is that I am very carb sensitive. My body responds really well on a High protein, high fat, low carb diet.

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

Tracks
on 2/17/17 11:35 am - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

You're doing awesome!!

the paperwork that was sent home with me says no bread, rice or pasta.  Eat protein first, then if there's room a vegetable. Grains should be eaten last and only saltines, Melba toast or wraps. 

I wonder if I will get different information at my nutrion class next week.  So far it seems to follow what most say here. 

HW: 335 SW: 310 CW: 287

Wayne H.
on 2/17/17 2:57 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

I can't get over the fact it's been 6 weeks already for you.  Congrats on the Weight Loss and sizing drops. I love the fact I may be able to buy off the shelf clothing again some day.  For a guy, I'm excited. HAHA

Sounds like you are doing fine, what vitamins did you choose to take?  I am using the Celebrate Essential 2 in 1 vitamins, it provides almost everything I need other than protein.  It's made specifically for Bariatric Patients.

Wayne

Mahalo F.
on 2/18/17 7:22 am

Hello Wayne !

I know it is hard to believe!

I am taking Centrum Silver Chewables (yes... silver... They actually contain  copper)$10 in USA 90 tabs

Quest Mag/Citrate Chewables (5) daily but I love them.

Jamieson Vitamin D

Jamieson B12 strips

I don't mind the them. Vitamins are the highlight of my day! Lol. So amazing to be in the 220s.

Wish the constipation was not an issue but it is what it is!

Take care!

Sandra 

Mahalo.  

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Most Active
Recent Topics