Super Frustrated

Celly017
on 2/14/17 5:26 pm
RNY on 01/18/17

I am almost 4 weeks post op RNY and boy has it been a difficult road for me, I had a lot of pain even when I left the the hospital and was unable to pass gas for a week...felt great second week and started going to my classes and do normal everyday things. Now fast forward to week 3 and I could not even sit up without dry heaving, I started to display all the symptoms of the flu so I wrote it off as that and started taking flu medication. This Friday I had pain around my pouch area and was dry heaving all day long while I was shivering cold so I finally decided to goto the ER at the hospital I had my surgery at. As of right now I am still in the hospital and the doctors cannot figure out why I am so sick, I think i've had about 20 litres of IV fluid plus all the other fluids they've been giving me, today they added another IV line so they could run two at once. I've done a CT scan, swallow test, 2 chest xrays, and an ultrasound with multiple blood test and I still feel horrible. I'm booked in for a scope in the morning and i'm praying that they find the cause there. Sorry for the long vent just needed to get it off my chest.

Please tell me it gets better!!!!

Dougleaffan
on 2/14/17 5:57 pm - Canada

It will. Hang in there. I had similar symptoms. I had 3 CT scans a scope and tons of stuff done over the most things while they tried to figure it out. I ended up having a second surgery where they found and lances some excessive scar tissue. I am still in pain from time to time but all worth it. My surgery was Oct 14. Second surgery was Dec 3. Vent all you need to. We are here to help as best we can. Just like you will when the next group asked about similar pain. You got this

Surgery10/14/16

HW/398. preOpti/368. SW/338

CW/197.5

Celly017
on 2/14/17 7:20 pm
RNY on 01/18/17

That makes me feel a lot better, they have my scope in the morning and if they can't get anything from that they are going re open my incisions and have a look which I'm hoping doesn't need to happen! 

Dandy71
on 2/14/17 5:58 pm

I hope the doctors can figure out what is wrong and causing you so much pain.  Feel better

Kathy1212
on 2/14/17 6:40 pm

I'm so sorry you're going through this, and hope the doctors will get to the bottom of it and fix whatever is wrong.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

leeann73
on 2/14/17 7:17 pm

that sounds just awful.  I am glad you are in the hospital and hope they can give you some relief and find the source real soon.  May I ask where you had your surgery?

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Celly017
on 2/14/17 7:22 pm
RNY on 01/18/17

Thank you, I really hope so too. And I had it in Hamilton through St.Josephs

Manda32
on 2/14/17 11:59 pm

I am sorry to hear you are going through this all. Sounds awful! I hope they find whats wrong, and you'll be back on the mend.

Good luck and best wishes!

Monica9811
on 2/15/17 4:40 am - Peterborough, Canada

Good luck with the scope today. I hope they figure out what is wrong. Please keep us posted. Good luck. 

Celly017
on 2/16/17 5:27 am
RNY on 01/18/17

Well yesterday was a bit of a ride, I was in isolation as they did not know 100% what was wrong with me and wanted to make sure I wasn't infectious with anything and they would not allow me in the area where they do the scopes. I had a terrible fever so they sent me for another CT scan to rule out any blood clots in my lungs. They decided the best thing to do at the point is go back in my incisions and explore, I didn't see anyone from the surgical team until this morning and she said it was like weirdest thing ever there was just one small thing and they weren't sure if that what was causing everything but I've been fever free and back to a normal heart rate since so I can deal with the gas and incision pain no problem compared to what I was in the past couple of days. Thank everyone for your well wishes :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics