Unhappy pouch day

Mahalo F.
on 2/12/17 12:23 pm

It has not been a very good day for me.

Went to my mother in law's for lunch and ate a mini veal meatball.  It did not go well. I minced it like I always do with some sauce.  I  experienced some horrific pouch pain and felt as though it was stuck.... I tied to take a sip to unlodge it and then brought on a wave of nausea.

The whole incident upset my sons as I was in a bit of distress.

I ran to to bathroom and I was able to .  

Why why why is getting meat/chicken & fish such a struggle?

IMy pouch remains unhappy after the episode of .

Struggling to sip water now....

Sandra 

Mahalo.  

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Jo0710
on 2/12/17 12:43 pm

I've had a few of those days lately as well. Today I'm just doing liquids so I can reset and probably will do this until I go for my 1 month at Windsor on Wednesday. 

These pouches are really finicky eh. 

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Wayne H.
on 2/12/17 2:51 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

Could it have been a different spice than you were used to having when you said you have had meat balls already?

Sorry to hear it was a difficult day.  I wonder if the burger is too hard to digest, especially the premade variety.?

Mahalo F.
on 2/12/17 4:30 pm

Hello Wayne!

No no same simple recipe made from scratch... Ground veal, parmasen cheese, egg, salt & pepper... Minced with sauce... Odd...  I have been tolerating them for weeks now.

Never ever going to enjoy a burger again... Darn

Sandra 

Mahalo.  

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/17 3:51 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

ground meats can be tougher to go down than actual meat for many for some reason.  Never ever drink when something is stuck as think of a plugged funnel, pour more in and it's going to flow over or back up.  I find when that happens, I get up and walk around and gravity seems to help it dislodge and go down.  I'd definitely stick to just liquids for the rest of today and possibly tomorrow.  A good stuck episode can really put you back and the only way to get over it is just go back to phase 1 and work your way back to where you were, usually a day or two to get back is all it takes as you can do one meal of liquid then one meal of pureed then try the soft again.

Wayne H.
on 2/12/17 6:13 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

I am making a note of this. Thanks Tracey.

That meatball blend sounds delicious.

leeann73
on 2/12/17 4:06 pm

Oh my goodness. I hope it gets better for you. That is one of my biggest fears. We have a big Sunday dinner every week at my mother in laws. If something like that happened to me there the judgement would really start to roll.  Hope your pouch is happier tomorrow. 

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Mahalo F.
on 2/12/17 4:32 pm

No judgement!   Lol

Thank God! A lot of concern and relief after the episode subsided.

Sandra.  

Mahalo   

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

sneezy6145
on 2/12/17 5:37 pm

Tomorrow is 7 months for me and I still don't handle ground meat too well. I eat mostly chicken or pork. Just take it easy and you'll be back to normal very soon. I still chew things to mush. I panic if I swallow something not mushy, by accident. Luckily I haven't had anything get stuck yet. I bought on of those pill splitters and still split my Tylenol. I was told I don't have to but in my mind I feel better if I do. I used to split a pill into 4's but now I just split them in half...lol.

Most Active
Recent Topics