Fear of Failure

fromfattohealthy
on 2/11/17 1:32 pm - Canada

Thanks for your insight. 

I just had my nutrition class and I am luckily doing the things they want (but I have started with a trainer who has me on the right track) but losing weight is not easy for me, I have never lost weight quickly or easily. I have always had to diet (very strict) and workout at least 6-7 times a week. Lucky for me I love the gym and I am confident using free weights. I also spent almost a decade with a bodybuilder and learned a lot about nutrition and exercise, it is how I lost 100lbs. My concern is that now the weight is coming off the same as when I had lost weight BEFORE pregnancy, so I am worried that even with WLS it won't help. I am sure that I am just overthinking it. 

the protein cookie I shared with the group is actually the ratio the clinic wants to see. It is 15 grams of protein, 10 grams of carbs. It is definitely not a "cheat" or a treat ;) but it's a very balanced snack, and the protein makes you feel full. The "cookie" is made from protein powder, and the products that company makes are flourless. :)  

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

Diminishing Dawn
on 2/11/17 2:15 pm, edited 2/11/17 6:26 am - Windsor, Canada

Sorry I don't post on here very often so I had no idea about you posting a cookie   That was not meant to be a personal thing   I only pop in  on here once in a while anymore   

There's a big difference between protein from real food and overprocessed non foods.  That's my point in general where many people seem to fall off the wagon.  Cookies are usually on the "avoid" list for most centers.  

If you are concerned about not losing then you might wish to really look at whole food eating.That's all that I'm saying.  But chacon a son gout   If they work for you, that's great  

Dawn. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Kathy1212
on 2/12/17 7:21 am

I was worried about this pre-op, but since surgery (12 days ago, lol) I have a new view of the crappy foods that got me here; soooo not worth it!  I was angry with unhealthy foods, and myself, for putting me in a situation that made me reroute my insides in order to lose weight.

Now that I'm post op, I can hardly eat anything and it takes forever to do so. I'm never hungry; not even head hunger so far, although I am looking forward to my puree stage.  I want to have a healthy relationship with healthy whole, nutritious foods. I want to still enjoy it but in tiny bits and not in massive eating sessions like before, where I would binge on all the wrong things.

Before surgery, I started "brainwashing" myself into new thinking by coming here every day, and by going on Youtube and watching weight loss surgery videos for hours every day.  I found blogs that I love (The World According to Eggface is my favorite), and Pinterest has been great as well for healthy recipe ideas (for when I can eat again).

All of these things edged any fear right out the door and I feel good about this, confident.  On days where I have set backs or am just in a negative mood, I plan to come here for support, and also go to youtube and watch some of my favorite WLS youtubers. I also have two friends in town who have had the surgery who will support me.  Once spring finally gets here I'll be able to ride my bike again, which I love.  When I'm OK'd for it, I plan on rejoining a local pool here so I can start swimming again.

I'm just starting out on this journey but can already see that this tool is giving me so much. Most of all, hope for a better future.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

catwoman7
on 2/12/17 2:38 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm not anywhere near being a vet, but the weight will come off if you follow the rules.  People gain it back when they stop following the rules or when they let their old habits slip back in.  Or when they stop monitoring their food intake and/or their weight.  I know myself too well and know I will always have to weigh/measure and log my food and weigh myself every day, or my weight will start heading north again...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics