Orientation in Guelph

ronshoneygirl23
on 2/10/17 10:30 am

Just got a call from my physicians office and have got an invitation to the March 9th Orientation in Guelph. The new beginning starts. Thanks for all the helpful info. How long is it usually from Orientation to surgery date as a rule at Guelph? I don't really want to hurry the process because there is lots to learn about this change in my life forever. I have heard some pretty scarey stuff about gastric bypass and as a nurse myself it is even more real. I think from the research I have done and that has been two years plus that it is all about the choices of foods you eat and it is only a tool not a miracle. You still have to be accountable for how you eat and manage it. 

Christy

LauraLeafFan
on 2/10/17 11:23 am

Well congrats on the Journey,

I can't speak about wait times at Guelph as I went through Toronto Western Hospital even though my surgery will be in Guelph.  From my referral to surgery will be less then a year as I was able to take advantage of some cancelled appointments and while TWH was dealing with a back log I was offered to have my surgery in Guelph and took advantage of that as well.

Definitely a plus to do your homework.  My hubby will be 4 months post op next week and is doing great.  Like you said in your message it is a tool and will be successful if you follow the plan.  Mind you your body will also remind you when you mess up... ie too much sugar or eat too much or too fast.  

Take a support person with you to orientation as it never hurts to have someone else with you and get educated at the same time as you.  After all we all need someone close to us to be there when things get rough.

All the best and this group is a fantastic one as we are all willing to share information.  Welcome to the family!!

Laura 

Referral MARCH 2016, Orientation JUNE 2016, Surgery FEBRUARY 14TH 2017

HW 272lbs 10 months Post-Op CW 175.7lbs

ronshoneygirl23
on 2/10/17 11:28 am

Thanks so much for your lovely response and support. Getting excited! !

Christy

leeann73
on 2/11/17 6:59 pm

Congratulations. It is quite a roller coaster of a ride. Every centre is a bit different  it has been a great learning experience for me. My clinic is Windsor but my surgery is in Guelph. From orientation to surgery for me will be 7 months. Most people around a year 

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics