Patience

fromfattohealthy
on 2/7/17 1:39 pm - Canada

My next two appointments are March 6. I feel good about them because I've made changes, and after the nutrition class I realize I am doing the things that are suggested and I'm losing weight (approximately 1.5-2lbs a week). 

Every time I check in here someone has a surgery date and I just want that to be me!!!! I was really hopeful that I would have surgery before summer, I have already been cleared by the doctor, my next appointment is social work (follow up) and dietitian. Now I need to execute patience and continue this new lifestyle!!! 

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

Monica9811
on 2/7/17 3:09 pm - Peterborough, Canada

The lengthy process is there for a reason. You get stronger and more determined every day. You will be on Opti then losers bench before you know it. It's great you are making changes now. That shows you are committed. All the best!!

Jo0710
on 2/7/17 4:04 pm

I agree. The 8 months from orientation to surgery went by so fast looking back at it! At the time I was impatient but the wait was perfect and made me have the right mind set. 

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

fromfattohealthy
on 2/7/17 4:06 pm - Canada

I totally understand the process. And I've been losing weight since my initial weigh in. I am just feeling the wait time is all. I know my time will come

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

Manda32
on 2/8/17 10:32 am

What do they always say patience is a virtue? It can be hard, we all go through that during the process, seeing everyone get their surgery date, and you want it to be you.

I'm finally on the other side of that, as I got my surgery date yesterday for March 15 in Guelph, and its felt like a long process in some ways, and in some ways its gone fast. You will get your turn!

Doesn't sound like your far off either, if your approved by both the social worker/dietitian, you could be possibly in the surgical class next month. Generally its the third Monday of every month in Windsor.

Not sure what hospital you are choosing, but Guelph seems to be going fast (in my opinion). I met a girl off this forum, at the surgical class last month, and she got a call three days after our class, and has surgery booked for this month. I got the call a week and a day from the surgical class, far exceeded my expectations in terms of when I'd even get a call. They tell you in the surgical class generally it can take 4 to 6 weeks to hear from the Surgeon's office, and after two months they tell you to call the clinic.

Not sure what the time lines are for Toronto, I'm sure Windsor can give you tips on that, or can ask on the forum if you are curious.

Actually now that I think about it, March 6 is when my brother meets the NP in windsor.

Good luck, on your appointments that day, I hope you get you get approved!

If you want to know anything else, you can pm me...I know there are more people on this forum who go through toronto area, then Windsor, and every site does it differently.

fromfattohealthy
on 2/8/17 12:56 pm - Canada

Thank you! I was hoping to go to Guelph but because I am a revision patient, I have to find out which location will do my surgery in one surgery. 

Most Active
Recent Topics