What are you eating/doing Friday?

Ginnny
on 2/3/17 3:44 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op RNY 9+ months

Good morning my trusty support group.  I'd say happy Friday but instead I say hmmmpff. I'm ready to throw in the towel.  I have a good eating week low calorie, high protein, been to the gym twice, yesterday my calories in were 998, calories burnt  1694.....and today I'm up 1.7 lbs.  WHY DO I BOTHER? 

Please don't try to explain with it's water, because my scale tells me my water percentage and that isn't changing....nothing is, except my weight.....so frustrating.

Anyway, end rant, I know you've all been there. Doesn't probably help my mood that I've been up since 4:30.  Today's plan:

B - 1 egg, 1 cheese slice

S - deli turkey, pickle chips

L - chili

S - premier protein

D - steak (mmmmmm)

Cal 890, carbs 43, protein 100. 

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

ready-4-new-start
on 2/3/17 4:02 am - Canada

Good morning, Ginny hang in there the same thing happened to me when I joined the gym started working out I ask my trainer he said some people can gain up to 5 to 10 lbs at the beginning he explained it's because the muscles hold onto water to help the muscles recover.. Specially if ur feeling sore.. yesterday I had a good day got in 15 000 steps at the mall, spoiled myself but its stuff I needed.. got myself a coat from pro bass shop tried on large it fit perfect so I got the med it fits. Also got new bra, shoes and work pants.. 

breakfast shake 

snack vegs with cheese 

lunch chili 

dinner meat balls with vegs 

snack yogurt 

have a great day 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

crqvingchange
on 2/3/17 4:02 am

Good morning everyone.  Ginny don't fret 1.7 pounds, it could be something as simple as a well needed dump, ;-).  Remember when you were stuck at 200 and it was driving you crazy - you got through that and lost even more.  Don't make me cancel my flight to warm sunny Florida and drive over to your house and give you a shake (I mean please don't make me, I need this vacay).

Today I'm swimming, then finishing laundry and packing.  I have a few errands to run and chores to get done around the house.  DH and I are going out for dinner tonight.  I won't be posting for 2 weeks, so don't talk about me when I'm gone, hehe.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op:

Buckets of decaf

Poached eggs with Hollandaise

Maybe soup- I've been trying to use up the perishables in the fridge so there isn't much there

Salad with chicken at the restaurant unless they have a good special

Have a great 2 weeks everyone.  Stay strong and make good choices because you are all so worth it.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 2/3/17 4:48 am

Enjoy your two weeks in the sun!

Ginnny
on 2/3/17 6:01 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I wouldn't dream of it CC.  I'll tell you, today I'm at 189.4, you can check in when you get back....hopefully outta of the 80's, aggressive I know, but that's how much I believe in the stupid bouncing around on the scale on thing!  A more reasonable estimate might be 183.

Have a great time!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 2/3/17 6:02 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I'm off to a meeting at school today... It's only my third time on campus this term. I'm actually a bit bored with it all. Need a new challenge somehow. My grandma is coming to sit with the puppies while the workers are here. She is such a sweetheart.

Bathroom status - shower tile install and grout

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - egg, yogurt

Lunch - ham sandwich

Snack - pepperette, almonds

Dinner - pork roast and veg

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Patm
on 2/3/17 6:04 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I hear you about the scale Ginny. Mine changes depending on where on the floor it is. I am still struggling with my re-gain. If I do not get my act together I won't fit my clothes!

CC enjoy your vacation. I know we are going away March 19th but I almost bought tickets to somewhere cheap just to get out of the cold and grey

Helping DH put up crown moulding. He finally realised he could not do it by himself. We will see how much help I am. Off to Costco later. They have tampax on sale. Although I no longer use this product our women's group is getting items together to donate to drop in centres for street women. There was an article in the Toronto Star about the fact this is an item they seldom get donated and is really needed. If you have a drop in centre in your area consider donating,

Out for a walk with the dog shortly

b greek yogurt, blueberries

l chili, yogurt

d not sure will buy something at costco

s glass of wine

birdiegirl
on 2/3/17 2:38 pm

Having a lovely glass of Malbec and a few cheese and crackers right now.  Very relaxing.   I haven't been drinking much since I upped my pain meds.  Tonight I just felt like it while watching the sunset. 

Enjoy! 

Patm
on 2/4/17 5:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am very jealous. Enjoy your sunset

Cinderz
on 2/3/17 6:26 am

Good morning everyone!

8 weeks 4 days post op. Total weight loss, 66.6 lbs ...I'm so close to the 270's now!

Heading back to the mall, so lots of steps there, then of course my treadmill

My eats today

B - 1 scrambled egg with 10g cheese 

S - premier protein (my surgery buddy I met in the hospital has sent me caramel, strawberries and cream and bananas and cream, I'm going with strawberries and cream today!)

L - 1.5 oz of chicken salad (made with 1 tblsp low fat mayo and 1 teaspoon of finely diced dill pickle)

S - 1/4 cup cottage cheese

D - 2 oz tuna salad ( made with 1 tblsp of low fat mayo and 1 teaspoon of finely diced dill pickle)

Calories-670

Protein-107

Carbohydrates-20

Have a good one everyone!!

Most Active
Recent Topics