trouble focusing

leeann73
on 2/1/17 5:29 am

I am so excited, nervous, scared, etc, that all I can think about is the surgery.  I am on this site constantly reading.  This is a good thing BUT - I have no focus at work or at home.  I have a lot of work to do to at my "job" to make sure I can have the time away with all loose ends tied up.  I have deadlines and people needing things from me and I find that I really don't care - I just want to think about the surgery ... ahhh ... trying to compartmentalize this but it is very difficult.  A nice first world problem to have, but just wanted to throw it out there

AND - I also wanted to shout out to everyone on this forum - you are all such a great support and inspiration to me - there are doubters and it is easy to be lead down the thought path of "should I really do this" ... but then when I read all of you it helps me ... I got my first "easy way out" comment from a friend yesterday .....  

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

fromfattohealthy
on 2/1/17 7:38 am - Canada

I still have a couple appointments, but I am the exact same. I feel myself trying to learn everything I need to know, and I am genuinely excited for the new life and the challenges that come with it!

HAH - "easy way out" - I have not even had my surgery yet and I already know there is a long road ahead, lifelong behaviours to tackle, and daily effort. I have already started making the changes now, and its HARD, but I know that its worth it. 

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

Manda32
on 2/2/17 12:40 pm

I understand what you mean in that your focus is all on the surgery. Ever since I got my call on Tuesday for my appointment next week its all I can think about.

Just remember, surgery will be here before you know it, and although I have no magic suggestion how to get your focus onto other things, perhaps, try and focus on something you really enjoy outside of surgery, work, etc.

i know it might be hard to focus on other things, again I'm guilty of it too, just do your best to get those loose ends tied up, that's all you can do.

Relax, and you can do this!!!

birdiegirl
on 1/31/17 9:46 pm

Leeann,

For those who say "it's an easy way out",  have no clue the work and dedication that goes into this journey and the life changed we go through.  People just don't know or also are not educated in the process.  

Keep being positive and true friends will always stand by you...the others never were true friends to begin with.

Laura

Most Active
Recent Topics