FIRST MEETING WITH SURGEON

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/17 7:47 am - Whitby, on
RNY on 04/01/17

Hello there,

I do not have a date for surgery as of yet but I am meeting my surgeon for the first time on 02-24 can anyone tell me what to expect from this first apt? I am very nervous I have been waiting for so long like many of you. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks

kimmygirl180
on 1/31/17 12:11 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Hi fed-up, 

The surgeon meeting is for you to ask all your questions regarding your surgery.  He/she will talk to you about the surgery you hope to have (RNY or Sleeve) depending on your needs.  It's not a stressful meeting, but they will discuss the risks of surgery.  

Are you going through Humber? I see you are from Whitby. I am in Oshawa and had Dr. Huynh as my surgeon.  The staff and Drs are amazing there.  

Enjoy your day

:)

Referral - September/14, Orientation HRRH - December 1/14, Surgeon appt. (Dr. Starr) - April 24/15, Trio appts. - July 21/15, Dr. Glazer - August 17/15, switched surgeon to Dr. Huynh Feb. 17/16, Surgery date - March 2/16-

1 year follow up - Lost 82% of my excess body fat. Starting weight 315lbs, today 151lbs.

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/17 2:24 pm - Whitby, on
RNY on 04/01/17

Hi Kimmy thank you for your reply I am going through Toronto Western seeing Dr. Penner I have never heard of him and not sure if he will be the one operating I have been waiting for so long its seems surreal. How long after your first meeting the surgeon were you booked in for surgery?

KINDLY

fed_UP

kimmygirl180
on 1/31/17 10:59 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Hey..  

It was almost a year before I switched surgeons (originally had Dr, Starr), but once I switched surgeons I had my surgery within 2 weeks.  It was a long 18 month journey for me, but you will use your time to read, research, and change all the nasty eating habits that got us to where we are.

It's a long journey, but a great adventure.  

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.  I will answer to the best of my ability.  

Referral - September/14, Orientation HRRH - December 1/14, Surgeon appt. (Dr. Starr) - April 24/15, Trio appts. - July 21/15, Dr. Glazer - August 17/15, switched surgeon to Dr. Huynh Feb. 17/16, Surgery date - March 2/16-

1 year follow up - Lost 82% of my excess body fat. Starting weight 315lbs, today 151lbs.

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/17 8:07 am - Whitby, on
RNY on 04/01/17

THANK YOU !!!

leeann73
on 2/1/17 5:21 am

It is exciting to finally get the appointment to meet the surgeon.  Every doctor and hospital is likely a bit different.  To prepare for mine I read all of the information again, confirmed to myself what my goals were, why I wanted this and what my expectations were.  When I went in, he didn't ask any of those, but it was a good description of the surgery .... I am happy I prepared though as it helped me reaffirm to myself why I am doing this.  Good luck and can't wait to hear what your surgery date is

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/17 8:11 am - Whitby, on
RNY on 04/01/17

thank you for your response, it certainly has been an interesting wait lots of soul searching and backtracking through my emotions. Anyway I am as ready as I can be well see what he has to say. Hopefully its not a long wait after that apt trying to be optimistic...not always easy :)

Most Active
Recent Topics