Second guessing/VSG

IamBettyCooper
on 2/12/17 9:04 am

From the outset, I only wanted VSG because I have arthritis and rely on medication and was worried about malabsorption.  I let everyone know at every stage this was my desire and even crossed out the bypass on my consent form at the hospital.  The surgeons were all in total support of my desire and no one ever gave me any push back, except the dietician.   I am 7 months out now and down 100+ lbs.  I may have lost a teeny bit more faster with RNY but think the pace has been good and hearing that long term (ie: 5 years out), the differential between losers with RNY and VSG is negligible.  My best advice is advocate for yourself. And if you stick to program, you will for sure be successful.  Best wishes to you.

TWH ... Referral April 2015 ... Orientation July 2015 ... Psych Sept 2015 ... Social Worker Oct 2015 ... Nurse Practitioner Dec 2015 ... Nutrition Class Jan 2016 ... Nutritionist Feb 2016 ... Surgeon Appt April 2016 ... VGS Surgery July 2016

HW 294.2 SW 271 CW 183.1

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/17 6:57 pm

Hi me too.................severe osteo... does it get better... I need VSG .... congrats on weightloss... who was your surgeon.

Most Active
Recent Topics