Yogurt Suggestions

MicheleA
on 1/27/17 1:49 pm

Good day,

I'm am looking for suggestions on what yogurt to buy to eat after surgery when you are on full fluids. I have gone to the grocery store and don't see anything that seems ideal. I love yogurt and greek yogurt but I am looking for no sugar added and no chunks. Ideally I am looking for yogurt with flavor. I see many options except for plain yogurt.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank You

NKO
on 1/27/17 2:00 pm

SKYR you can get it at Loblaws highest protein option.  It is similar to Greek yogurt but is the Icelantic version.  Best of luck   

MicheleA
on 1/28/17 9:12 am

Thank y ou

Meggles07
on 1/27/17 2:06 pm - Canada

I checked with my clinic first, but they were okay with me eating plain Greek yogurt with a bit of banana mashed in. My mom also adds SF torani syrup to her yogurt and oatmeal for sweetness and flavour. I don't know if either of those options would work for you :)

Meg~

MicheleA
on 1/28/17 9:13 am

Thank you

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/17 2:21 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I like Astro Athentikos Plain Greek.  It's my favourite plain yogurt and can easily add stuff to it to sweeten it if you find it too tart.  Early out you could use some splenda or a bit of honey or agave or any of the SF syrups out there.  I enjoy it just as is and further out I just top it with fresh berries and a few walnuts and eat that for breakfast.

MicheleA
on 1/28/17 9:14 am

Thank you

Mahalo F.
on 1/27/17 3:51 pm

Hello

I am a huge fan of IOGO Key Lime Pie

small individual container 100 GM 

100 calories, 8 GM of protein unbelievably yummy.

Tastes like a dessert....

Sandra 

Mahalo.  

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Tracks
on 1/27/17 4:59 pm - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

When I looked at that label, it said 26g of sugar.    Am I looking up the wrong one?

HW: 335 SW: 310 CW: 287

Mahalo F.
on 1/28/17 5:29 am

Hello

I was a bit worried about the sugar also.

I asked my weight management centre about the nutrient label.

They were pleased with the 8 GM of protein content & calories.

I was worried about possible dumping but tried it & did not experience any dumping symptoms.

My calorie intake is less then 680 & for now I am okay with it.

I am just over three weeks 3 days post RNY & I may have to switch to something lower but for now I am doing okay & tolerating the yogurts for now.

Hope this helps

Sandra   

Mahalo.  

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Most Active
Recent Topics