Doctors approval!

fromfattohealthy
on 1/26/17 11:27 am - Canada

Just finished my first social work appointment and doctor appointment. 

The doctor said I do not need a follow up and told me to make the social worker and dietician happy! I can definitely do that! 

The only concern is that my iron is low (7) and the doctor said I would be on iron infusions if I was to have bypass and she is suggesting VSG (which I am okay with) she did mention to continue to my supplements but my iron levels have been extremely low my entire adult life. Anyone else? 

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

crqvingchange
on 1/27/17 11:35 am

Glad you are moving on to the next stage.  It was suggested to me to take Feramax and make sure that I take it with Vitamin C.  Don't take it close to the time of any other supplements.  Switch to decaf because recently I've read that caffeine has been associated with hindering iron absorption.  These are just suggestions, and I'm hoping that others will have advice as well.  Keep trying until you find what works.  Low iron can really play with your energy levels.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics