surgeon's appointment in Guelph

leeann73
on 1/26/17 10:49 am

Hello everyone:

I had my surgery class on Monday and got a call today to see the surgeon next Monday ... OMG I am freaking out.  I am seeing Dr. Bhojani.  I haven't heard anyone talk about him.  It feels fast to me now as I thought I would have to wait at least a month for them to call with an appointment and that it would be some time from then.  Now, in fairness, in Windsor, you get approved BUT your file doesn't go to the surgeon's office until after you attend a surgical class - so I was approved Dec 20th ... BUT I still know this is fast and I am super lucky and excited and SCARED. 

Such a mix of feelings right now.  She told me I will buy my optifast on Monday and although she didn't know for sure, she thought I would have my surgery sometime in February.  Looks like I might be on optifast for my work conference in Texas the first week of February ... Oh my ....

skinny_gigi
on 1/26/17 12:13 pm

Very exciting-i got a call today too i'm in with Dr. Reed on Friday!

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

Wayne H.
on 1/26/17 12:13 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

You could probably ask for a later surgery Date just to change your Opti start Date.  I did because of a work commitment.  Just do it before you start Opti and go enjoy the Conference.

TDotDana
on 1/26/17 12:15 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 01/23/17

That's exciting news...mine was fast too - before you know it - you're home recovering.

I had a moment last night on the couch - sitting there and thinking - last week this time, I was still drinking shakes, and getting ready for surgery - now it's all over :)

It's a lot of preparation - and excitement - but all worth it :)

Good luck at the conference - you can do it!

PS - It is a huge roller coaster of emotions - hopefully all good ones ;)

HW - 283lbs (1991)** LW - 206lbs (2014)**CW 265lbs **Slimband - March 8, 2013 ** 275lbs @ Preop Diet**  261lbs on surgery day**Referral TWH - Feb'16**Orientation TWH - May 11/16**Psychologist TWH (Dr Wnuk) - June 24/16 ** Social Work (Anna Wallwork) - July 20/16 **Nurse (Wei Wang) - July 25/16 ** Nutrition Class (Lorraine Gougeon) - Aug 15/16    Endoscopy TWH - Aug 18/16  Dietician (Laura Scott) - Sept 15/16 Surgeon Dr Okrainek Nov 18/16 ** PreOP @ TWN Jan 9/17 *** RNY & Lap Band Removal Surgery @ TWH Jan 23/17 w/ Dr Urbach

LauraLeafFan
on 1/26/17 1:39 pm

That is awesome!!  I have an appointment with him Monday too.  From all the reading I have done on him...don't worry you and I are in good hands.

Congrats!!

Manda32
on 1/27/17 8:23 pm

So glad you posted your great news!!!! Good luck Monday!!!

Let me know how it goes.

amanda

Most Active
Recent Topics