What-are-you-eating-doing-Saturday

MonaLisaSmile
on 1/21/17 4:51 pm - Canada

Phewww!!!  OK....i just wanted to make sure because I had such a horrible time in the beginning until i figured out what worked for me.....but sounds like you've got it well under control !!!!  

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/17 5:54 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I'd stop the benefibre if I was you.  You need a lot of water to make it work properly and since you are taking senokot and restoralax, you don't really need another.  You need lots of water for it to work.  I was put on it when I had a bout of constipation for weeks and it made it worse and I drank between 5 and 6 litres of water per day on top of the coffee that I drink and as soon as I stopped it and just stuck to the other two, I had no more issues. 

crqvingchange
on 1/21/17 6:07 pm

Also try some prunes chopped small in Greek yogurt.  You are too early out to add the chia, hemp, and buckwheat that I add.  That's what's been keeping me regular and I was having a really rough time before.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Cinderz
on 1/21/17 6:19 pm

I actually did get some baby food prunes, I've been hesitant to try them as so far I've not been able to tolerate any fruit of any kind. I did try baby food pears and applesauce hoping they to would help and all it did was make me feel horribly sick. 

Pas of writing this, and this may be tmi, but I have had some success and am feeling much better, but definitley wanting to keep myself as regular as possible. 

Kathy1212
on 1/21/17 4:09 pm

Hi Ready,

Congrats on your first day with your personal trainer and on your amazing NSV with the pants! 

My day started off great; I tested out my new scales and compared them with my old scales and was happy with the results.

Then I made some hot lemon water, went in the livingroom to sit down, and I heard a big thump.  I called to ask my Mom if everything was OK and she said she fell and then said nothing more.  I ran over to see if she was OK and she was passed out on the kitchen floor. I couldn't wake her so I called an ambulance and woke up my Dad, who was sleeping. They've both been sick for over a week, Mom with stomach flu and Dad with a respiratory infection and no matter how much I asked, they refused to let me make them doctor appointments or take them to the walk in clinic.  My Dad woke up and came down and slapped my Mom's face, lightly, several times while calling to her.  She was out cold for at leas 7 minutes and it was really scary.  The ambulance arrived right after Dad woke her up and she refused to believe anything was wrong and didn't realize she passed out, then wouldn't accept it when we told her.  It took a lot to convince her to go to the hospital.  Once there, she discovered she was dehydrated and her electrolytes were out of balance.  Dad got in to see a doctor while he was there and found out there's nothing that can be done for his cough and he will likely have it for another 2-3 weeks.

They are both home, both doing as well as expected with the flu and an infection, thank God.  I was so worried; it was awful. I felt out of sorts all day but put it down to stress. Now I'm coughing and wheezing.  I'm so scared I'll get really sick and not be able to have my surgery. I can't take lots of vitamin C because we have to stop vitamins for 14 days before surgery. 

All meals and snacks: Optifast, hot lemon water. 

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

birdiegirl
on 1/21/17 4:49 pm

What a stressful,  difficult day you've had.  Glad everyone is doing better 

Kathy1212
on 1/21/17 6:00 pm

Thank you so much.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 1/21/17 6:14 pm

Keep drinking lots of fluids, use a Nettipot, take zinc lozenges, and LOTS of chicken broth for all of you (Guelph let me have broth while I was on Opti).  I got sick a week before my surgery and it passed.  

Kathy I'm sure that was a terrifying experience with your Mum.  Thank God that she is on the mend and that they were able to hydrate her and find out what was happening.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 1/21/17 8:05 pm

Thank you, yes, it was awful. So glad it wasn't anything worse than dehydration, as strokes run in the family, on my Mom's side. She lost several brothers to strokes and heart attacks.

I'm glad your sickness passed; were you scared they'd cancel your surgery?

We've all been having chicken broth all week, it's time to make a fresh pot tomorrow. 

I've been drinking loads of hot lemon water too, hoping the vitamin C in the lemon will help. I've got Halls; are they zinc?

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 1/22/17 5:54 am

Yup I was frightened that they would cancel my surgery, I even posted that on here.  The advice I gave you is what other gave to me.  From what they told me it is not uncommon for pre-ops to get sick just before surgery.  Your surgery is still over a week away so I'm hoping your cold will run it's course before then.

Most Active
Recent Topics