What are you doing eating today Monday

Patm
on 1/16/17 7:50 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Our house is over 100 years old. When we moved in about 37 years ago we talked about making our fire place a real one. It had an old electric grill. it is nice but fake. Today the workers showed up to put in a gas one. They have to build out the facade but it will look great. By tomorrow night I will have a fireplace. Hurray

No internet for two days was very annoying. My laptop would not sync with it. There is no port to use a cable to attach. Very weird design.

b greek yogurt

l pea and bacon soup

s baby bel

d short ribs, kale salad

s laughing cow

Have a good day everyone

crqvingchange
on 1/16/17 5:38 pm

So cozy to have a nice fire in the evening.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

sweetart
on 1/16/17 10:49 am - Windsor, ON
RNY on 12/20/16

I just underwent a bathroom demo that took WAY TOO LONG LOL... those months were awful!

Soft foods start tonight and I'm a bit nervous. Nothing has been rejected by my tummy yet... so here goes nothing. 

B: Premier Protein Shake

L: L&F Greek Yogurt Whip w/Sargento RF Sharp Cheddar stick

D: 2oz tilapia with 1tbsp Parmesan crust, pureed broccoli 

S: Mini babybel light

Cal: 455 Carb: 18 Protein 72g

This will be my first non-two shake day since surgery :)

Also of note, I bought some hot dogs yesterday in MI and was wondering if you think these are OK for soft foods? (Since I'm not brave enough to try chicken (someone told me its the hardest thing to digest post-op and I don't want to pu**** with soft foods.)

Ballpark All White Meat Turkey Franks - 1 hot dog, 45 calories, fat 0, Total Carb 5g, Sugars 1g, Protein 6g

IMO, not bad. Sodium is a bit high (490mg) but I'm doing ok with fluids... I know they're tasty as I've had them before. I also bought the 97% fat free hebrew nationals beef and they have more sodium. 

Melissa in Windsor, Ontario

Referral 1/15/2016 - Surgery TEGH (Michael Garron) December 20, 2016 w/ Dr. Aarts

5'2" - - - > HW 282, Optifast 220, SW 213, CW 156 (but I'm on it!)

Kathy1212
on 1/16/17 12:42 pm

Oh no; I hope your back will feel better once you're home and relaxing.

I am meeting a friend for coffee later.  She had RNY surgery several years ago and is so excited for my upcoming surgery. 

B, L, D, S: Optifast, plus soup broth, 2 cups green veggies, tea, water.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 1/16/17 5:41 pm

You're in the home run Kathy.  It's nice that you have a friend who has been through the process and knows exactly what you are going through.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 1/16/17 6:00 pm

I'm so excited!  Tomorrow will be Day 7 of Opti, then only 2 more weeks of Opti until surgery.

It was nice to see my friend; we haven't gotten together since before Christmas.  She had her surgery in Traverse City, MI, 8 years ago, back when people in Northern Ontario were allowed to go there instead of Toronto.  She said she gained a bit back and is happy that she'll have someone to get back on track with.  I must have learned something here because I said "dense protein, low carb" and she cracked up laughing, lol.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics