Venting my Frustrations

Still Waiting
on 1/18/17 10:14 am

Congratulations!   I hope you have a speedy recovery.  

Kathy1212
on 1/18/17 10:32 am

Thank you! 2 weeks from today, at this time, I'll be on the loser's bench!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

marielewis
on 1/14/17 5:25 pm

I waited 18 months but most of the "action" was the last 5 months   My trio appts were in November and surgery was April   So it took a year for anything to really happen 

Travelher
on 1/14/17 7:41 pm
Revision on 10/04/16

I totally get it.  This is exactly why I skipped the whole process, drove to Montreal and did self pay there...I could not stomach the thought of waiting a year or more.

Still Waiting
on 1/18/17 10:15 am

Oh, I wish I could do that.  Good for you.

odie
on 1/14/17 9:32 pm
RNY on 05/26/14

I didn't self pay but had mine in Montreal and I waited over 4 years!!

leeann73
on 1/15/17 6:09 am

This is certainly the place to vent.  I am sorry that you are having such a hard time.  Certainly Northern Ontario has its challenges in many aspects of our Canadian living!  It is too bad you couldn't go through another hospital and arrange telehealth.  Sounds like you are doing a great job getting yourself on track and ready.  Who knows, maybe on your own with the changes you are making, you will get so close to your goal the end process will be quick and easy for you.  Good luck. 

SweetPeaVeronica
on 1/15/17 7:51 pm

Totally understand you. While I was at my surgeon's office there was a man from Windsor. He travels all the way back every time he needs his follow up appointments. Wow, can't believe it is that long out there. I will be exactly a year from referral to surgery. I will keep you in my prayers and hope he goes a lot quicker for you. Have you ever thought of transferring as I can read on some of the facebook groups most are doing this.

Referred February 6, 2016 ~ Orientation May 3, 2016 ~ Surgeon (Dr. Klein) Apt September 1, 2016 ~ Internist (Dr. Glazer) Apt September 27, 2016 ~ Nut/Diet/Social Apt December 13, 2016 ~ Surgeon (Dr. Klein) Apt January 11, 2017 ~ Start of Opti January 18, 2017 ~ Surgery Date February 8, 2017 @ HRRH Lost 137.4 to date

theprodg
on 1/16/17 8:53 am

Vent away. This is the best place to do it because we all get it and while some people have shorter waits than others, everyone has their share of hurdles and frustrations and disappointments. My wait was just over 15 months from orientation to surgery. Felt like forever but it really did give me time to get my life in order and my head around everything so that I am totally ready now and not the least bit nervous. It will get here before you know it...just focus on your journey one day at a time!!

Most Active
Recent Topics