What are you eating/doing Saturday?

crqvingchange
on 1/14/17 7:56 am

Ginny I'm glad that your procedure went well.  I know it's a pain, but having the procedure every year will give you more piece of mind that they are keeping on top of any changes.

This is my exercise rest day, so I will be doing laundry and chores (I'd rather be exercising).  Tonight DH and I are going to a neighbourhood street party.  This may be an opportunity for me to get the last of the Christmas treats out of the house.

The eats today are - lots of decaf, scrambled eggs, chicken meatballs done in the crockpot with marinara plus some ricotta, SKYR yogurt with all the fixin's

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

sweetart
on 1/14/17 8:46 am - Windsor, ON
RNY on 12/20/16

Happy Saturday all! I'm feeling a bit drained today for the first time since surgery 3.5 weeks ago. I hope I'm not getting the flu that's going around. Hoping to hike my Nola dog at the nature trail later... We'll see what happens. 

B: Premier protein shake 

L: Hormel 98% fat free Turkey chili with beans 0.5 cup. 0.5oz reduced fat cheddar jack cheese 

D: Dannon light and fit strawberry cheesecake 

S: Premier protein shake 

S2: Kroger SF Popsicle 

Cal: 547 Carbs: 34 Protein: 85

I've been in the good old '3 week stall' for about a week, so hoping to get 12,000 steps in... Fingers crossed!

Melissa in Windsor, Ontario

Referral 1/15/2016 - Surgery TEGH (Michael Garron) December 20, 2016 w/ Dr. Aarts

5'2" - - - > HW 282, Optifast 220, SW 213, CW 156 (but I'm on it!)

birdiegirl
on 1/14/17 12:07 pm

I hope you're not getting the flu either.   I understand it's awful this year.

Cinderz
on 1/14/17 9:00 am

Good afternoon everyone, 

30 minutes on the treadmill already done and I'm aiming for another 30 after dinner

Yesterday I met with a guy I met while in the hospital at St Mikes. He had revision from sleeve to rny he passed each other several times while doing laps in the hospital and got to talking, he had the same surgeon and had been experiencing the same pain I was afterwards. Long story short he drove down 3.5 hours and we had a great day, I made the ricotta bake for dinner and it was a huge hit. The only thing I did different was I added 1/4 cup of the ricotta mixture and layered in 1oz of cooked shredded chicken I Had...it was delicious and as I made a double batch I now have 10 pre made meals sitting in the freezer! 

Todays eats are

b - 1 poached egg, 1 melba toast and 1 cheese string

s - premier protein ( my new friend brought me several new flavours as he had someone stateside bring him 3 flavours we don't carry here!!)

L - 1.5 oz chicken salad 

S - key lime Greek yogurt

D - leftover ricotta bake

s - sugar free popcycle

water and vitamins 

Cal-629 Protein - 83 Carbs - 32

Have a great day everyone 

birdiegirl
on 1/14/17 12:09 pm

Hey Cinderz.   How great is it you met a guy who's experiencing the same things you are

Cinderz
on 1/14/17 12:22 pm

Hi birdiegirl, 

I love the support and feedback I get from everyone I've met here but it is definitely nice to be able to talk face to face with someone who experienced everything I did, beginning with surgeries on the same day and having the same surgeon. He isn't on the forums though I've told him he should sign up, I sent him home with the ricotta bake recipe and we plan to keep in touch and continue to cheer each other on during our journeys!

crqvingchange
on 1/14/17 12:33 pm

That sounds like a great meet up.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Jo0710
on 1/14/17 9:36 am

I'm working till 2pm today and then my son has his first playoff game (hockey) so I'll be going to that for 3pm.  After that, I'm going to take down the Christmas tree and some cleaning.  I'd like to get it done as I won't be able to for a bit. My husband is also going to pick up the treadmill we purchased!  I'm excited to have one.  

Second last day of Optifast!!!  So I'll have tha****er, decaf coffee and a decaf tea later on.  :)

Have a great day everyone! 

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

birdiegirl
on 1/14/17 12:10 pm

Surgery Monday! !  All the best to you

Kathy1212
on 1/14/17 10:36 am

Hi Everyone, Hi Ginny!  So glad you got those polyps taken care of; better safe than sorry :-). 

I'm feeling very sleepy and spaced out today, almost like I'm coming down with a cold or flu.  I think my week in Toronto is catching up to me now.  I was going to run to Winners to see if I could find the sugar free Torani syrups but I think I may just stay home and nap.

My plan for today is: Optifast times 4, plus chicken broth and 2 cups of green veggies; either celery or green pepper today. 

Day 4 of Opti already; can't believe it.  I snuck on the scale this morning and was down by 4 Ibs.  I weighed myself when I go home two days ago and was up 2 Ibs from my weigh in at St. Joe's, so I'm actually down 6 Ibs in 2 days, but I was retaining water (I didn't take my water pills for two days before I flew home so I wouldn't have to use the plane washroom, lol).  I'm using the St. Joe's weigh in as my starting weight.

17 Days until RNY surgery; woohoo!

Have a great day!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics