What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 1/12/17 3:50 am

Happy almost Friday everyone.  I had a great bunch of workouts yesterday and I am sore all over, but in a good way.  I woke up feeling energized and ready to take on the day.  Although my hair looked like Einstein's.  Off to the pool shorty, and then to the post office to pick up my order of protein coffee.

The eats today are - lots of decaf, scrambled eggs with some sausage mixed in, salad and a few devilled eggs, turkey meatballs with marinara, fresh basil, and ricotta, SKYR yogurt with hemp, chia, buckwheat, protein powder, chopped prunes and walnuts.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Cinderz
on 1/12/17 4:30 am

Good morning all,

I'm up bright and early so I can get on my treadmill first thing, I'm in court all day today so I want to get it out of the way. I've packaged all my food for the day as well as my water and protein shake, going through security will be fun! 

My eats

b - Poached egg with low fat cheese 

s - 1oz chicken with 2 light laughing cow cheese wedges

l - 1oz tuna with 2 melba toast

s- premier protein, I've also packed protein pudding just in case

d - trying the well talked about ricotta bake. (Can anyone tell me the nutrition stats on a serving of this?)

s - 1oz cubed chicken breast if needed

Love how prepared I am these days. It takes the guess work out of everything if I take 2 Minutes each night and plan what I'm going to eat the next day. Cooking 4 -5 chicken breasts at once makes things much easier as well as it seems to be my go to protein choice as you can do so much with chicken.

Have a great day everyone!

crqvingchange
on 1/12/17 10:48 am

For the ricotta bake, you can put all of the ingredients into MFP under meals, and then divide it by the number of muffin tin portions you have.    I added half of a Italian chicken meatball to the bottom of each ricotta bake muffin before I cooked it and also added some mozzarella and basil to the top of each one.   When baked and cooled, I froze them in the muffin tin and removed the ricotta bake pucks and put them in a ziplock in the freezer.  It's also great for mini Shepherds pie (I do mine with sweet potato mash and ground turkey with turkey gravy), mini meatloaf, Eggbites.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 1/12/17 4:38 pm

That sounds so good CC 

Meggles07
on 1/12/17 4:44 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Off to school today. First day since the holidays. Not looking forward to trekking in the rain, but I have two meetings down there. My term for some of these groups and committees are ending soon, and I'm looking forward to finding new things to get involved with.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - egg, yogurt

Lunch - taco beef (the last of it finally)

Snack - pepperette

Dinner - chicken and veg

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

birdiegirl
on 1/12/17 5:39 am

lol, its true re "the last of it finally!"  You sure get used to this with wls eh Meg?  I've just finished steelhead trout after eating it for dinner and then two breakfast.  But I have to admit, I love having lots of leftovers in the fridge.  Quick protein meals just ready for me when hunger - real or head - hits.

Meggles07
on 1/12/17 5:53 am - Canada

Yes, I always feel like I'm using things up :) thankfully I have a Costco size pack of pepperettes so I usually have a quick protein option. I wish I was better about cooking chicken to have on hand. The scale had been toying with me, so I know I need to buckle down for a bit!!

birdiegirl
on 1/12/17 4:53 am

RNY 7 Years 9 months post op 

Morning 

Out for lunch at one of my fav restaurants .  Not sure what I'm having but it will be reasonable. 

B  -  4 oz of trout 

L  -  5-600 calories 

D  - 4 oz of chicken cordon Bleu 

2 fingerling potatoes  

2 heirloom carrots 

S  -  oikos greek 

3 cracker cuts 

3 low sodium triscuits 

Glass of wine 

All water and vits 

Have a great one  

Ginnny
on 1/12/17 5:12 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good  morning Gang,

Didn't see the need to get my post in early as its clear fluid for me today, with 4L of Peglyte (that stuff is nasty)  .....You can guess what that means for me tomorrow.

2017 is already kicking my butt ..... our pool needs to be replaced because of snow load damage, and yesterday we came home to find that several of our shingles were blown off in Tuesday night's windy weather.  FML, can't catch a break.  The insurance company will love us this year.

I signed up for the second unit of the Law Program, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!

Anyway, waiting on the roofer to come and assess the damage.

Have a great day!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

birdiegirl
on 1/12/17 5:41 am

Ahh Ginnny, sorry for your troubles.  Mainly, I'm sorry for you having to drink that nasty stuff today.  I have a difficult time even swallowing it as I really dislike anything salty.  I get it as cold as possible to mask a bit of the taste.  ughh

Most Active
Recent Topics