Guelph Here I come!!

LauraLeafFan
on 1/11/17 12:35 pm

Thank you for sharing...makes me feel better that the staff seem great.  Good luck on your surgery and I will be joining you soon on the losers bench!!

hopeful4me
on 1/12/17 4:21 pm

My surgery is booked for January 30 in Guelph too! My surgery is at 1 pm and  I have to be there for 11 am.  I hope it's not snowy as I'm coming from the Oshawa area. My pre-op appointment isn't until next Friday though.  We may meet each other during our recovery!  My surgeon is Dr. Reed.

skinny_gigi
on 1/11/17 2:39 pm

Yay for you! And Yay for me as well.  I'm in the same boat as you i got my call from TWH as well.

We could be RNY twins! (yes i'm saying goofy things like that because i'm so excited!) 

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

LauraLeafFan
on 1/11/17 2:51 pm

It is very exciting... when we start the process it feels like it is going to take forever... and in some ways it can take a long while.  Who knows maybe we will have surgery the same day... that would be too funny.  I know of 3 of us who all got calls today from TWH and all are having our file sent to Guelph.  The losers bench will need to make room for us very soon.  :)

Linda M.
on 1/12/17 6:48 am - Orillia, Canada

Great news Laura,

I'm so excited for you - it seems that those who have been transferred to Guelph have had their surgery quickly and they have been very happy.  

Keep me posted.  I am awaiting a call from the surgeon now and assume that they have a backlog in just doing that.  I'm 1.5 hours from Toronto and about 2 hours from Guelph so I would be thankful for either.

Keep us posted.  Doug looks great and I'm glad he's doing so well.  A friend of mine had his surgery on September 12 at TWH and the entire process took only 9 months.  He lost 30 lbs. on Opti and is down 110 total (as of last month) just like Doug.  I assume the unfair practice of men losing quicker than women will continue - even after WLS (lol).

Best of luck,

Linda

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

LauraLeafFan
on 1/12/17 2:24 pm

Hi Linda,

Thanks, and I am so excited too.  I have spoken to a few people on different sites between here and facebook and they agree with what you said that their surgery happened quick and that staff there was also as great as what we got used to with TWH.

I will keep you posted.  I just looked and I had orientation the same day you did, so we were likely in the same class together.  I was able to change some of my appointments when I was at TWH when Doug had his appointments which helped.

Guelph may be better for you traffic wise, you could avoid the downtown mess.  From what I was told our hospital stay would be just as long as TWH, which is nice as I think it helps being under their care.

Doug is doing really well and I am fortunate to have been able to try a lot of the sugar free syrups etc for the opti stage and know what to expect.  I just have to cook and freeze things for him for the days I don't feel like cooking when I am healing.  As for me I won't freeze to much as Doug noticed certain things he liked before surgery he doesn't now or things don't always agree with his new pouch.

You gave me a good giggle .... but it is so true men lose weight much easier then is women... Doug didn't believe it when I told him, and I said yep its true... they sneeze and lose weight lol.

I hope you get your call soon.  It seems with the holiday they fell behind making calls as it took me just over a month after passing rounds to get the call. (Andrew was able to tell me I had cleared rounds, only way I knew)

We should keep in touch as it seems we will be on the losers bench around the same time.

Laura

theprodg
on 1/12/17 9:59 am

I will be having my surgery at Guelph on January 26 so I can let you know my experience after that. I don't know about TWH catching up with their backlog...I've been calling them for 2 weeks now trying to get follow up appointments and still haven't got anything booked.

LauraLeafFan
on 1/12/17 2:28 pm

Wow January 26th is coming soon.  Howe far after getting your file sent to Guelph did you meet with the surgeon?  I know with TWH you don't get your follow up appointments until after surgery at discharge.  That is when hubby did anyway.  Maybe that is why they haven't returned your call yet.

Good luck and I am looking forward to you sharing your Guelph experience with me.

theprodg
on 1/13/17 5:30 am

So I met with the surgeon at TWH on November 18th and they called me the following week to ask me if I would consider switching to Guelph. I think then Guelph called me the next week and scheduled the surgeon apt on Dec 9. Some people that were there on the same day got earlier dates with Dr Pereira Hong but I have Dr. Reed and the earliest date was Jan 26.

Thanks for that info. I think maybe you're right. I'm panicking that they won't have appointments for the scheduled time, but I'm sure they know what they're doing. I'll give them a couple more weeks.

Most Active
Recent Topics