What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

Cinderz
on 1/9/17 2:18 pm

Good day everyone!

I can't believe it was 5 weeks ago today that I had surgery! I was give a choice of 3 dates, December 5th (which I chose), December 12th or today, January 9th.  I'm glad I chose the date I did. I am down 29.4 lbs since surgery.

I'm working hard to get my fluids and protein in. At my follow up, I was given credit by one nurse for getting in 2.5 L a day of water and then another nurse told me I needed more....

Todaya eats

B - 1/2 package of high protein oatmeal

S - 1 oz chicken with 1 light laughing cow cheese

L - 1/8 cup of tuna with 1 teaspoon of low fat mayo and 2 melba toast (I am not a seafood/fish eater AT ALL, but have been able to stomach tuna if it's been in a macaroni salad or something) it wasn't to bad on its own and it seemed to sit ok as well

S - premier protein

D - 1oz chicken with taco seasoning, 1 teaspoon of low fat grated cheese, 1 teaspoon of low fat sour cream

S - 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, of needed

Cal - 512 Protein 72 Carbs 23

crqvingchange
on 1/9/17 2:38 pm

Cinderz you may find that your tastes will change now after surgery.  I have seen many post that was the case with them.  Try giving some mild white fish a try with some spice that your like (taco, greek, asian or Indian), you might be surprised that you like it, and it packs a lot of protein.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Cinderz
on 1/9/17 3:41 pm

My plan was to try some non breaded, oven baked or lightly pan fried fish from a restaurant where I don't have to watch it or smell it cook and see how that goes. I'll give it some time before I venture out for a restaurant meal though. 

Most Active
Recent Topics