Home Sweet Home-Great Experience at TWH

kap74
on 1/8/17 12:37 pm

Hello Pals,

Had Surgery at TWH Thursday at 2pm and Dr.Jackson was my Surgeon. One of the nicest people I've every met; very kind, sympathetic, patient, and darn good looking too! Dr. Prenner took over on the weekend, a very nice Doctor as well. I was fortunate yo have Katie as my nurse for days 1 and 2, she's a lovely person. The entire staff on the 9th floor are so kind and compassionate. It was an unremarkable surgery, all straight forward. Got me in a 11, and I walk to the table at 2 on Thursday. The Anesthesiologists, were so funny and nice, Dr. Ewen was one I remember, always kept me chatting and giggling. I think it took close to three hours. that's when they came to see my husband to tell him I was out and would be in my room in 2 hours, after I got out of recovery. I was lucky that my insurance covers a semi private, and a private was only $35/night of my own... I can't stress how well worth it this was.  

A little pain through the evenings, ask for the pain drip, it helps to get some rest. It could be me, I'm a bit whimpy that way. I never really felt like reading or doing much but walking. Trying to pass all that gas they inflate you with is a chore, I didn't sense any relief until the 2nd night. Then you realise what's surgery pain and what's gas pressure. They take the IV off on day one, so you have to get those little cups of fluid in. They keep bringing juice, broth, jello and tea, the tray gets full! I was surprised at the number of pills they make you take. 2 Colace, 1 antacid, any meds youre on; tough stuff to swallow; the percocet is the disolvable kind. Got discharged on Saturday morning at 11am and home sweet home. I feel good today. Had some premier protein, lots of water, a tbsp of cream of wheat and all those crunchy vitamins the ask you to take!

15lbs down from the start of Opti. Opti through xmas and new years.... what a great what to start breaking emotional eating habits!

Best of luck you my OH friends.

Referral: August 2015; TWH Orientation: December 14, 2015; Social Worker: Jan 27 2016; Nurse Practitioner: March 14; Nutrition Class: April 26; Psych Evaluation: June 7; Nutritionist: July 21; Meet the Surgeon: Oct.21 2016; Pre-Op: December 16, 2016; Scheduled Surgery: January 5 2017! HW 248; SW 237 ... GW 138.  Feeling grateful and fortunate to have this opportunity.

birdiegirl
on 1/8/17 1:03 pm

Congratulations.  I really like your last statement  in your signature.  Good luck and work hard 

FozzieBear
on 1/8/17 4:57 pm, edited 1/8/17 8:57 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Congratulations, hope everything continues to go smoothly for you! Wishing you all the best!

RNY - Nov 21st 2016

HW 386 SW 309.8 CW 174.1

M1: 17 M2: 17.2 M3: 12.6 M4: 18.8 M5: 14.4 M6: 18.4 M7: 13.5 M8: 13.1 M9: 7.8

Christine

crqvingchange
on 1/9/17 3:48 am

Glad you are home and doing well.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics