What are you doing/eating today (Saturday)

crqvingchange
on 1/7/17 6:32 am, edited 1/6/17 10:57 pm

Good mantra.  It takes me forever to go through any food package from Costco.  My freezer is full and I really need to work my way through that.  My problem is that I see a bargain and want it, then it sits in the freezer or cupboard and I feel guilty for not eating it.  Costco is good for reasonably priced casual clothes, and supplements.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 1/7/17 6:34 am - Canada

I love Costco too... Thankfully we gave up our membership, so I have to go with my mom or grandmother to get things now. And their clothes are great. I bought my winter coat there last year for $40 since I didn't want to spend a lot until I found out where I was going to land size-wise. It still fits, although a little big, and is much warmer than I expected given the price.

sweetart
on 1/7/17 7:50 am, edited 1/6/17 11:53 pm - Windsor, ON
RNY on 12/20/16

Happy weekend Ontarians! 

I'm actually on my way over to Detroit Costco to pick up some premier protein shakes and various other fun things. the not fun thing is afterwards I'm going with a friend to have her dog put down. Monte is 12 and a littermate to my Ruby. Hits close to home. 

The eatings:

B: premier protein shake 

L: light n fit Greek strawberry cheese cake 

D: 1/6 left over ricotta bake

S1: I'm going to try cheese (babybel light) 

S2: Kroger sf popsicle 

Does anyone think it's too early (will be 3 weeks out on Tuesday) to try a broccoli puree? I'm dying for vegetables. In what is not my proudest moment, I licked a mushroom yesterday...

Cal: 585 carb: 26 protein: 90

The menu is ambitious lol we'll see how much I get in :) 

Melissa in Windsor, Ontario

Referral 1/15/2016 - Surgery TEGH (Michael Garron) December 20, 2016 w/ Dr. Aarts

5'2" - - - > HW 282, Optifast 220, SW 213, CW 156 (but I'm on it!)

crqvingchange
on 1/7/17 8:09 am

Others may disagree with me, but I would wait on the broccoli right now unless it is cooked to mush. You have such a small volume of food you can eat right now and you need to get in your protein to help your body heal. Guelph said no salad or raw veg for 3 months. I was craving salad so much. Your menu looks really good.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

sweetart
on 1/7/17 8:12 am - Windsor, ON
RNY on 12/20/16

Thanks... I guess I knew this was the answer. I'll stick to licking lol

Melissa in Windsor, Ontario

Referral 1/15/2016 - Surgery TEGH (Michael Garron) December 20, 2016 w/ Dr. Aarts

5'2" - - - > HW 282, Optifast 220, SW 213, CW 156 (but I'm on it!)

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/17 8:19 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I ate a bit of pureed veggies as soon as we were allowed.  I kept it to like 1 tbsp since we could eat so little but I just needed something a bit more than meat alone.  Just make sure you don't eat mostly pureed veggies is all. I mixed pureed roast beef with some of the pan juices and one brussel sprout and it was heavenly.  That was over 11 years ago and I can still remember how wonderful it tasted.  LOL

Meggles07
on 1/7/17 10:45 am - Canada

I was allowed to have cream soups during the full fluids stage - weeks 2-4. I would get cream of chicken or broccoli. Around week 3 or 4 I would add just the tiniest bit of mashed veggies in. I didn't have a pureed phase. Also, by week 4 I was dying to chew something so the dietitian gave me the go-ahead to eat a cheese stick. It was delightful.

Meg~

fiercebynature
on 1/7/17 10:41 am

18 weeks post op

B: 4 oz premier, 4 oz water

S: 4oz premier, 4oz water

L: 3 slices turkey breast, 2 oz cottage cheese

S: 4 oz premier, 4 oz water

D: 3 oz chicken mixed with red onion, sugar snap peas, red pepper on a piece of romaine lettuce with a Tbsp picklelily.

S: 4 oz premier, 4 oz water

all water and vitamins on track

Surgery: 9/2/16 H.W. 340 S.W.254 C W 208

crqvingchange
on 1/7/17 10:45 am

Hi Fierce, welcome.  Your menu looks really good.  That should be some very good protein numbers.  Love Piccalilli. 

Ginnny
on 1/7/17 12:54 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

What is piccalilli? 

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Most Active
Recent Topics