Hello All :) I'm new to the group

Jules2177
on 1/6/17 4:54 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading posts for the last few weeks to better understand WLS benefits and challenges. I was referred in August, and had an orientation session at the end of November. The orientation took place at St Joes in Hamilton. They told me it will take up to 6 months to receive an appointment for a nutrition class, then other appointments as required. I would love  to hear from others who went to St. Joes in Hamilton about your experiences/ wait times.

I have struggled with managing my weight - always. I tried Dr Bernsteins, Curves, Herbal Magic, Weigh****chers, exercise... you name it. I would lose some weight, my progress would suddenly stop, then after weeks of feeling like I was trying, but no weight loss was occurring, I would lose momentum and start to regain weight. This has been a pattern of mine. 

I sought out the WLS option after thinking about it for about a year. I do have some health issues that I think can improve with WLS. I also am hoping to prevent onset of other weight related health problems I forsee if I continue on this same path. 

I am looking forward to being part of the group. 

Sincerely,

Julie

IamBettyCooper
on 1/6/17 5:37 pm

Welcome!  I am 6 months post surgery and it is the best thing I have ever done.  No regrets.  Wishing you success on your journey.

TWH ... Referral April 2015 ... Orientation July 2015 ... Psych Sept 2015 ... Social Worker Oct 2015 ... Nurse Practitioner Dec 2015 ... Nutrition Class Jan 2016 ... Nutritionist Feb 2016 ... Surgeon Appt April 2016 ... VGS Surgery July 2016

HW 294.2 SW 271 CW 183.1

SkottiRNY
on 1/6/17 5:42 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 07/07/15

Hey Jules2177!

Welcome to the group! You are not alone when it comes to failing at those "diets" and weight loss schemes. For many of us, any onset health issues have either gone a way completely or settled down immensely. good luck and make the best of it. Most importantly, don't hesitate to ask questions. 

Cheers,

Skotti 

"Not every day is Fantastic, but at least I have the opportunity to live every day." ~ Skotti RNY

My YouTube Channel

HW: 419 lbs August 2014  - SW: 340 lbs - GW: 219 lbs 

RNY July 7, 2015

OrangeBlossom17
on 1/6/17 7:44 pm

Hi Julie,

I am new to this site as well. Everyone has been so encouraging. I have struggled for years with my weight and am considering WLS. I have my orientation next week and was referred in October. I am still on the fence about having the surgery but I am finding all the information posted so helpful. 

Orangeblossom

crqvingchange
on 1/6/17 9:12 pm

Welcome to the group Julie.  We're here to help if we can.  Ask questions, vent, offer support to others, tell us about your victories and challenges.  

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

sweetart
on 1/7/17 8:01 am - Windsor, ON
RNY on 12/20/16

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the journey! 

You are definitely not alone in being a professional dieter. 

Melissa in Windsor, Ontario

Referral 1/15/2016 - Surgery TEGH (Michael Garron) December 20, 2016 w/ Dr. Aarts

5'2" - - - > HW 282, Optifast 220, SW 213, CW 156 (but I'm on it!)

Jules2177
on 1/7/17 10:12 am

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Kathy1212
on 1/7/17 10:19 am

Hi Julie,

Welcome!  This is a great group; you'll love it.  People here are so warm and welcoming.

Good luck with your journey!

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics