I FEEL GREAT

Mahalo F.
on 1/6/17 11:45 am

Hello everyone 

Thank you all for your supportive messages.  

I thought I would do an update. I got home and felt pretty good.  I got all my vitamins at the hospital so my focus was to stay hydrated throughout the day.

If I have learned anything from all of you, especially the VETS that staying hydrated is key to well being.

I have chosen to do the crushed Tylenol with tepid Chamomile tea for pain.  The liquid stuff just brought on that horrid episode of nausea and retching.

Dilaudid only last night for excruciating GAS PAIN.  It is crazy once you start passing gas how quickly that pain is gone.

Finally started the toots last night.

I am easing in slowly and I start the Protein tomorrow & hopefully I will tolerate them.

I am only 1 1/2 pounds heavier today. Surprised given all the fluid I received at the hospital. 

I am Day 2 post RNY  and quite honestly I still can't believe it.

Keeping my fingers & toes crossed that life continues slow and steady.

I am up and walking around the house.  Feel so much better when upright.   Given I have 2 more weeks in an air cast, winter is simply too scary to risk going outside. 

Best advice ever...

SIP?WALK?TOOT?REST? REPEAT

Love you all to pieces.... 

Thank you so much for getting me here 

Sincerely and with much appreciation  

Sandra 

Mahalo  

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Monica9811
on 1/6/17 12:31 pm - Peterborough, Canada

So glad everything went well and you feel good!!  The next few days will be all about getting protein water and vits in. Will feel like a full time job but it gets easier every day. All the best!!

crqvingchange
on 1/6/17 1:15 pm

I agree with everything that Monica said.  You will feel tired.  It's understandable you just had major surgery.  Getting in your fluids will help with the energy level.  Keep a 1oz shot glass beside you and try to drink one of those every 15 minutes, one sip at a time.  The oz will add up and before you know it you will have all of your fluids in.  

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

SkottiRNY
on 1/6/17 5:49 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 07/07/15

Hey Mahalo F!

Glad to read everything is going well. Slow and steady. Don't get discouraged if you run into a snag early on....stay focused and be patient. Remember... this is not a fix for now... it is your new life. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Skotti 

"Not every day is Fantastic, but at least I have the opportunity to live every day." ~ Skotti RNY

My YouTube Channel

HW: 419 lbs August 2014  - SW: 340 lbs - GW: 219 lbs 

RNY July 7, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics