What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 1/5/17 4:06 am

Good morning everyone.  Another busy day today.  I just want to be able to put my feet up and rest my knee.  This morning I am going swimming (this helps me knee)  Have meeting after that for most of the day.

The eats today are - protein coffee, decaf coffee x lots, scrambled eggs, soup, minced turkey with gravy, SKYR yogurt with chia, buckwheat, hemp and chopped pears.

Have a great day.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 1/5/17 4:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op RNY 8+ months

CC  you beat me to the enter button because I forgot to add parm cheese to my Caesar salad and had to go to the fridge for the stats!! LOL

Anyway, deleted my post for those that might have seen it and wondered what happened.

Good morning folks!! LOL what silly word!  Got my Garmin vivofit3 (I will name him George) yesterday!  Have it strapped on and will see what it does.  My Trucker thought I was nuts speed walking around the house last night because George told me to move!!

Not my best menu today will likely need to add a little something to my Caesar salad, just haven't figured out what yet.

B - greek yogurt and blueberries

S - deli turkey (2), 30 gr old cheddar

L - 3 beef meatballs

S - premier protein

D - Caesar salad (bless Trucker's heart he made this ginormous salad - will last me 3 days!) he forgets sometimes that I NEED PROTEIN!

Totals - Cal 1060, carbs 37, protein 96

Have a great all, and stay warm! 

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 1/5/17 1:11 pm

That's funny Ginny.  It's usually you that beats me to the post by 1 minute.  Love my Fitbit.  It really is such a motivator.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 1/5/17 5:13 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Nothing too exciting happening today. My brother is headed back to college so I have to drive him to the bus station. We will also clean up the spare room and do the laundry so it's ready for him at spring break ;)

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - egg, yogurt

Lunch - Greek salad with chicken

Snack - pepperette

Dinner - chicken and veg

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

ready-4-new-start
on 1/5/17 6:00 am - Canada

Morning, I don't post much but I do read everyday.. hope you guys don't mind I jump in.. little about me I had bypass April 11/16 almost 9 months post op.. I had couple  complications starting in September went to the Er in oct they told me it was ulcer to go back to my surgeon few days later saw him he treating the ulcer and said it might be my gallbladder he ordered a scan said in the mean time to go back to Er.. Over the weeks I was getting gallbladder attacks everyday few times in the middle of the night in the morning afternoon evening u name I never went to the Er because the attacks was short lived I was  patiently waiting for the scan. But then the pain started wouldn't go away it was getting worse and worse after two days I went back to Humber was admitted they said the gallstones were very large and the gallbladder was inflamed.. when Dr Sohi removed my gallbladder he found Peterson  hernia repair it.. I am now 7 weeks post op still recovering.. but my frustration is I have been stalled since the beginning of December. I have never stalled this long. I have lost 120 lbs In total need to lose 40 to 50 more.. I am trying everything increased my water and protein cut down the carbs. Humber at my 6 month check up told me I need to increase carbs should be having carb with my meals. This week the only carbs I am using is fruit.. I sure hope this isn't the end of the weight lose.. I would love to go to to gym but after standing for while my muscles in the right rib and back still hurts from surgery.. any advice on how to get this weight lose started again!! 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Patm
on 1/5/17 6:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Welcome to the thread. Hope you are now on the mend.

Unfortunately some of the centres tell people to add carbs but do not tell them which ones. If it is simple carbs, bread, pasta etc it will stop your weight loss.

Try posting your menus like we do and someone will help you with anything they see as a red flag.

Some of us are on maintenance (5yrs in my case) and eat more carbs. First year you need to limit them to maximise your weight loss.

Good luck

Ginnny
on 1/5/17 6:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

If you aren't still logging (or haven't been logging) everything you eat start doing it.  Avoid the carbs in your honeymoon phase and that goes for fruit too.  Your body doesn't recognize it as fruit....its a carb plain and simple!

I suspect if you have stalled for so long that you are eating too many calories and have put yourself into maintenance.  Tell us your typical menu so we can offer educated advice not just speculation.  I share the same surgery date as you!  I'm still losing just slower, that's to be expected.

I'm sorry you had the complications, but you can get back on track and start losing again.  Let your body heal from surgery before you start exercising, you don't want to hurt  yourself.

Join us on the daily menu thread don't just lurk, we love the company! Use a tracker like MFP.  Get yourself back on track!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 1/5/17 1:14 pm

Welcome Ready (not sure what you would like to be called).  Like some of the others have suggested I would give up the fruit for now.  Non-starchy veggies are great.

I look forward to jumping in and posting with us.

Patm
on 1/5/17 6:12 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Sore from physio yesterday. Hope to get on my bike tonight. Need some exercise. Very quiet at work today.

b greek yogurt, blueberries, granola

l bean soup, yogurt

s baby bel

d meat loaf, salad

s laughing cow and crackers

cal 1021, carb 73, prot 79

ready-4-new-start
on 1/5/17 6:33 am - Canada

I started using my fitnesspal again because I was curious how much calories I was taking in I found I wasn't getting enough just under 600.. now I am up to around 850 per day.. I just  recently added fruit to my diet instead of having the other carbs Humber wants. So yesterday was 

breakfast 

1 laughing cow

3 slices of kolbassa

1  dill pickle  

snack 

banana wont have that again

lunch 

2.5 oz of ground chicken with salsa 

snack 

1/2 protein shake 

dinner 

6 oz homemade chilli( ground chicken, kidney beans, can ttomatoes, jalapeño pepper)

snack baked apple

protein shake because my protein was on low side

cals 849

protien 98

carbs 55 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Most Active
Recent Topics