optifast question

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/17 10:39 am

I'm on day two of fourteen of optifast and i'm having a little bit of a hard time, the shakes themselves aren't bad at all but i'm finding i'm very nauseous and dizzy with headache I just can't get rid of. I'm hoping this is just my body adjusting because it's only been a couple of days. Did anyone else experience anything similar?

Jo0710
on 1/3/17 10:49 am

I had headaches the first week. Thankfully none this week.  I got dizzy yesterday whole grocery shopping but never felt nauseous. 

I believe it's your bodyadjusting. 

Tracks
on 1/3/17 10:50 am - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

I start optifast tomorrow, but I'm expecting to feel this.  For me, I know it's going to be caffeine withdrawal.   I'm not sure if that's what you're experiencing, but that's how I feel when I stop coffee.

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/17 11:28 am

I wasn't too bad with coffee and slowly cut it out the last 4 months but I drank alot of tea so that could for sure be whats causing my headaches. Good luck with everything!

Ginnny
on 1/3/17 11:02 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

It's normal.  As the others have said it is just your body adjusting to the drastic change in diet.

Hang in there, it will get better.

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/17 11:29 am

Thank you, good to hear it gets better!

Cinderz
on 1/3/17 11:22 am

Hi Ceemarie, 

As many have said, this is normal with Optifast. I was one that suffered with headaches, fatigue and severe nausea, mostly in the first week and then maybe only once or twice a week after that, I wasn't able to walk on my treadmill as I'd feel violently ill while I was on Optifast. I was on it for 28 days and so I hope your 14 will fly by quickly and the side effects will subside soon.

Good luck to you!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/17 11:33 am

Thank you!! I'm going to try some chicken broth I hope it helps with the headache

Mahalo F.
on 1/3/17 12:00 pm, edited 1/3/17 5:29 am

Hello!

On am on my last of 21 days of Opti fast...

Opti fast is a very big adjustment...

I swear it prepares us for our WLS.

I have not experienced any side effects.  I did begin to feel nauseous just before I was due for another shake.

I tolerated the Optifast ....

The Optifast was very hard. (4) icy shakes (4) times a day in the winter was difficult. I had them every (4) hours. 8 am, noon, 4pm & 8pm. Very important to take them exactly every (4) hours.  I drank tea & coffee every hour in between. I found comfort in their warmth.

It is very important to drink 2-3 litre of water on top of the Opti Fast.  You have to maintain your hydration.   You will be surprised how satisfied you are with appetite suppression.  Once you get past the first 5 days it most certainly gets easier.

I hope this helps!

Best of luck on your new journey!

Sandra

Mahalo

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/17 12:07 pm

I completely agree that this prepares us, it's getting better today I just keep sipping all day on water in between shakes to keep myself hydrated. 

Best of luck to you on your surgery! 

Most Active
Recent Topics