New to this forum

Dee59
on 1/3/17 8:29 am

I am new to this forum. I have been reading the posts since October. I have just started my weight loss journey. I have scheduled appointments with the social worker and nurse in March. The dietician one was cancelled because she is away that day.

I live in Northern Ontario so I have to travel to Sudbury. 

I have found the posts very informative and they have answered a lot of my questions.

I would be interested in connecting with others who have gone through the Sudbury process.

Dee59

Kathy1212
on 1/3/17 9:53 am

Hi Dee,

Welcome!  I'm relatively new here too, and think the people here are wonderful! 

I also live in Northern Ontario and had to do the Sudbury Process. You'll be going to Health Sciences North, Bariatric Regional Assessment and Treatment Center. I have no idea why they didn't just call themselves Sudbury Bariatrics as we all just call it "Sudbury" anyway, lol.  Did you do the Orientation already?  I had to do that before meeting with the social worker, nurse, and dietician.

My favorite hotel in Sudbury (and I've tried so many of them over the past two years, lol) is the Clarion.  It is clean and quiet and has the comfiest hotel beds I've ever slept in, with lots of big fluffy pillows.  I looked out the window and saw a used book store across the street and fell in love with the place, lol.  The pool was nice and warm and I had it to myself for an hour before other people joined me.  I know I shouldn't say this on a bariatric site, but the cheeseburger in the attached restaurant was one of the best I've ever had, lol.

Kathy

Dee59
on 1/3/17 10:03 am

Yes I had my orientation in October . How long from your orientation to being referred for surgery? How did you prepare for your interviews ? They did not give me any details just the date of March 17. Did you have to do a food diary ? Did you have more than one visit with the nurse, social worker and dietician ?

Meggles07
on 1/3/17 12:01 pm - Canada

Hi Dee,

My mom went through Sudbury and she said there is a Facebook group with people that have gone through that centre. Might be another way to find locals :)

I went through Guelph, so otherwise I'm not much help!!

Meg~

leeann73
on 1/3/17 4:58 pm

Hello Dee59:

I am from southern Ontario and have gone through Windsor and will have surgery in Guelph so no help with the Northern Ontario experience, but I wanted to say welcome and congratulations on starting the journey.  everyone here is just great!

Dee59
on 1/3/17 5:10 pm

Thank you Leanne, Kathy and Meg for welcoming me. I do find this forum truly supportive and very helpful. I will be following everyone journey and learning from their experiences and tips. It will likely be 6-9 months before I get a surgery date as my interviews are in March and then I am not sure how long it will take once approved.

I am excited for the journey but also a little nervous but I am so thankful to have all of you as a support team.

Most Active
Recent Topics