What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

Ginnny
on 12/30/16 6:34 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

8+ mos post op RNY

Good morning everyone!  I'm back from Monica's and ready to get back into my routine.  My regular scale said 189.4 this morning which is where I've been for the past week and a half or so, sooooo HOLIDAY WIN!! LOL  I set up my new Garmin Index scale this morning and it weighed my at 186.8 so that is the weight I will be referencing going forward.  Hate changing scales in the middle but love that it tracks so many things.

Byrdie, what fitbit do you use? I am going to join the gym and want to get one so I can monitor my results.  I'm not trying to be one of those new years resolution people it's just now with Christmas behind us I have the extra money to afford it.

Eats today:

B - 3.65 oz of turkey (white meat)

S - greek yogurt

L - 1 cup chili

S - 4 slices deli turkey

D - zucchini lasagna

Totals - Cal 751, Carbs 50, protein 87

Have a great day everyone!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 12/30/16 7:01 am - Canada

Hi Ginny,

I just wanted to add my two cents on the Fitbit. Just after surgery my BF got us both the Fit*****arge HR. I liked that it had the sleep tracking and HR monitor. However, after about six months it stopped holding a charge. No problem, still under warranty. So they sent me a replacement. Fast forward another five months and the band started to peel off the new one. I figured since I was still in the first year they would fix that too. No. They only do one replacement. They did offer like 25% off if I wanted to buy a new one...

I like the tracking and interface on the Fitbit, but I'm really disappointed with the quality of the device. I wore it basically 24/7 for fitness and sleep tracking, but I always took it off before bathing/showering/swimming. I don't consider myself an extreme user -- I'm actually very careful with my stuff. I still have the first puzzle I was ever given and the only reason it is missing a piece is because my brother got into it at my mom's house when he was a baby.

The charge HR does not have a replaceable band, so if you are set on the Fitbit I would consider getting one where you can replace the band if possible.

Meg

crqvingchange
on 12/30/16 7:38 am

I have the Fitbit One. No heart rate monitor, but my watch has one. It does track sleep. Bought it online at Sports Check for $70 on a boxing  week special.  It even went through a washer cycle accidently.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 12/30/16 9:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Thanks for the feedback Meg.  Maybe I'll do some research and comparison on different devices.  They aren't cheap I want it to last!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Patm
on 12/30/16 6:39 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Feeling better today. Off for a walk shortly. Looks cold out there. Going to Fairview Mall this afternoon. I hate malls but need to return a piece of luggage we had bought just before I won 2 sets of luggage. We have no idea what to do with so much luggage at this point.

b greek yogurt, granola, craisins

l turkey, cranberry

d turkey soup, cheese crackers

s tea

cal 886, carb 96 prot 63

Most Active
Recent Topics