What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

crqvingchange
on 12/30/16 2:40 am

Good morning everyone.  Happy Friday.  I had a fun visit in Toronto with Zizzler yesterday.  She looks fabulous, very youthful, toned and fit.  We had a wonderful talk about how we love exercise now and how we never want to go back to where we were before WLS.  It's not just her physical transformation, but also she has gained more confidence and a vibrancy.  We both agree that WLS was the best thing we have ever done for ourselves, and that we are so fortunate and grateful that we have been relatively complication free.

This morning I'm going swimming, then some chores and errands this afternoon.  Hopefully I can get a nap in, because this evening DH and I are at a party.

The eats today are - protein coffee, lots of decaf coffee, sweet kale salad with baked salmon( I may split this into 2 meals), some cheese at the party, SKYR yogurt with chia, hemp, buckwheat, walnuts and chopped prunes before bed.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 12/30/16 3:46 am

RNY  7 Years 8 Months Post Op 

Morning 

Finally found my fitbit and got it charged up and ready to go.   Lots on the go today including lunch out with family. 

STEPS :   5112

EATS 

B  -  3 oz of roasted turkey 

2 TB of Splenda cranberries 

Just about had all the turkey I can stomach 

L  -  4 oz of beef tenderloin 

1  ( literally ) heirloom carrot

D -  4 oz of baked pork tenderloin 

1.5 cups of sweet kale salad 

S -  PC Greek yogurt with 1 TB of steel cut oats 

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are :   Calories  -  1,092,  Carbs  -  66 grams,  Protein  -  118 Grams 

All water and vits.   Decaf coffee 

Have a great one   

crqvingchange
on 12/30/16 3:49 am

Wow Birdie, look at those protein numbers.  I hate not having my Fitbit.  It's such a motivator.  

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 12/30/16 3:55 am

It IS a motivator.   I rarely sit for long.  Mainly because my body gets in too much pain in one position.   I jump up alot if sitting in front of the TV.

I miss protein if I don't eat enough.  I think I crave it now.  RH kicks in if I don't have a good protein base.

Ginnny
on 12/30/16 6:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

What Fitbit are you using?  I'm thinking of getting one!!

birdiegirl
on 12/30/16 1:06 pm

I use the fitbit one.  I dislike anything on my wrist.  This model clips on my bra

wiccandove
on 12/30/16 9:45 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

RH?

crqvingchange
on 12/30/16 10:41 am

Reactive Hypoglycemia.  Sometimes that can be a complication of WLS.  Usually manageable with diet changes.  Not fun when it happens.

birdiegirl
on 12/30/16 1:07 pm

Thanks for answering this CC.  

Completely manageable for me via diet

Meggles07
on 12/30/16 5:00 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I had an interesting moment yesterday. I had to pick up something from the vets office. They have a basket of chocolates on the desk and it was full of Ferrero Roche chocolates, which are probably my favourite. I decided to take one with me to go. While I was walking to my car I was kicking myself because the night before I had bagged up all of the chocolate we received for Christmas and told my BF to take it to work (which he did). I knew I was going to eat this chocolate because it's my favourite... And I decided that that's okay because I got rid of thousands of calories of "meh" chocolate and ate 76 calories of favourite chocolate. Before I would have eaten it all. I guess my feeling is that maintenance is a balancing act and I won't survive if I deprive myself of everything. As my counselor said, I will never be one of those people who eats to live. So I had my protein shake and finished it off with my Ferrero Roche ;)

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - egg, yogurt

Lunch - pepperette, cheese

Snack - nuts

Dinner - TBD

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Most Active
Recent Topics